Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

HRT Dosages

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I understand what you guys are saying, and I'm not trying to discredit either of you. I did though get checked for almost everything that I and my Primary Care doc could think of with my symptoms. After doing all of that, we did the blood tests, and my dhea and vitamin d levels were low aling with my "low t". I work a shift job, where I am constantly working different houra of the day from one day to the next, but always worling at least ten hours a day. And moat of my symptoms would be severly increased while I worked midnights. Therefore my doc recommended looking into trt.

Thank you for the concern.
your doctor should of sent you to the endocrinologist who then should be the one recommending TRT.

FlurDizzle

FlurDizzle

Mar 16, 2014
The clinic that I am receiving the trt from is an endocrinologist.

FlurDizzle

FlurDizzle

Mar 16, 2014
No, sry for the confusion. My regular doc did his own evaluations and tests and found me in good health. And then recommended the clinic. So I went to the clinic and they did their tests.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Oh. I read it as your primary doctor as in the one who treats you for colds and general stuff.[/

If this is an indication of what these "TRT clinics" are doing, some should have their licenses yanked!

But really is this surprising NOT. People go to these clinics with the preconceived notion, for whatever reason, TRT is "needed" to make them "feel better", and "the clinic" is simply complying with the patients "needs and desires".

You know kinda like the "tail wagging the dog", so FD got what he WANTED, TRT, been there done that!

Best
Jim

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Hey I'm glad your better but your "research" no doubt came from some TRT blog, forum or board! I'm VERY familiar with TRT, and the established TT norms, (for your age a TT of 695ng/DL in in the UPPER 65th percentile) because I prescribe it! Many endogenous hormone supplements "make people feel better" but that does NOT confirm a deficiency whatsoever! I wish you well.Jim
When do you have time to prescribe anything? You are on here all day.....

H

Hypertrophy3

Jul 8, 2014
Dr Jim, what would you say about a 51 year old man that has a total t level of 88? My pcp just keeps pushing androgel on me and won't even think about injectable test and I'm quite pissed off!

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Dr Jim, what would you say about a 51 year old man that has a total t level of 88? My pcp just keeps pushing androgel on me and won't even think about injectable test and I'm quite pissed off!

=========
Well my first question is; what are the units being used. Is it ng/dl or nmol/L? Because 88 nmol/l = roughly 2400ng/dl and I'd say you were already on TRT, lol.

But the units I suspect are in ng/dl which is VERY LOW and is symptomatic in 99.99999999% of males and essentially MANDATES therapy, IMO

If you prefer parenteral therapy TELL HIM SO, flat out mate. Like I don't want to use that daily stinky, get all over my clothes shit then smile as in a jesting manner.

Best
jim

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
=========
Well my first question is; what are the units being used. Is it ng/dl or nmol/L? Because 88 nmol/l = roughly 2400ng/dl and I'd say you were already on TRT, lol.

But the units I suspect are in ng/dl which is VERY LOW and is symptomatic in 99.99999999% of males and essentially MANDATES therapy, IMO

If you prefer parenteral therapy TELL HIM SO, flat out mate. Like I don't want to use that daily stinky, get all over my clothes shit then smile as in a jesting manner.

Best
jim

=====================

Oh on a more sincere note, another legitimate concern we docs do have, at least those that do care about their patients (note the possessive tense), is whether a TRT candidate understands and possesses the requisite fund of knowledge required to properly perform an IM injection for TRT.

In all sincerity we must suspect some people believe they know what they don't know! Ever seen the mess that is created when an 18 gauge needle slams into the femoral artery? The wife calls you and says her hubby is bleeding to death. Shitttttttt

True shit! Now all my patients watch a 30 minute video and DEMONSTRATE proper technique before parenteral TRT RX is written.

Chances are that is his concern also.

The objective then would be to impress upon your physician your trustworthy and competent enough to perform IM injections correctly. Ergo familarize yourself with the specifics on the net and be prepared to recite and demonstrate it in real time........do that and I strongly believe you'll get your TT as a parenteral RX

regs
jim

Last edited:
J

jlewis75

Jul 22, 2014
Just had my check up and TT came back >1500, thought the Doc was going to shit! I'll be smarter next time, but would love to maintain 400-500mg per week. When I asked the doc if he would okay weekly shots he said absolutely not! Time to find a more liberal minded M.D.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic