Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How were you built?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Well, I'm a poorly built guy with gynoid body shape if untrained. So genetically I don't just look like an "athletic" guy. However when I do train and eat healthy I get decent results naturally, so I do have the genes to gain and maintain muscle...and so do 99.99999% of the other guys in this thread who totally discredited genetics. As for gear, that took me from being a diesel 185lb guy to being a diesel 225lb guy. So give that what percentage you want. And ya, I'll say it.....all you guys giving gear 2,3,4,5% or whatever punitive number you tack on, well, I call bullshit. If the gains were that minimal, the risk and cost would outweigh the benefit. Do the math. 5% on a 200lb guy is only 10lbs. We all wanna be the purist that says gear is totally optional, but its not and we all know it.

MAYO

Last edited:
Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Honestly this is a blanketed question! Look it takes 100 % in every one of the sections except genetics. U can far out way genetics! Training takes 100% diet takes 100% and mental takes 100% to be the best u can be! Let's all admit it! Gear is a 100% bonus if you are at 100% in every other section! Be honest with your self and you will agree!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Well, I'm a poorly built guy with gynoid body shape if untrained. So genetically I don't just look like an "athletic" guy. However when I do train and eat healthy I get decent results naturally, so I do have the genes to gain and maintain muscle...and so do 99.99999% of the other guys in this thread who totally discredited genetics. As for gear, that took me from being a diesel 185lb guy to being a diesel 225lb guy. So give that what percentage you want. And ya, I'll say it.....all you guys giving gear 2,3,4,5% or whatever punitive number you tack on, well, I call bullshit. If the gains were that minimal, the risk and cost would outweigh the benefit. Do the math. 5% on a 200lb guy is only 10lbs. We all wanna be the purist that says gear is totally optional, but its not and we all know it.

MAYO

I completely agree with you, IF, all of this aimed at those who blast and cruise or are currently on cycle. I answered based on my current situation, because I'm PCTing and can't give more than 15% of my physique credit to gear. That 15% will be more like 25% (and hopefully 30+%), when I'm in the midst of my winter bulker. What I'll add to your statement though, is that all of those that answered based on being ON-cycle, or who blast and cruise, the combined percentage should be above 100%, because AAS should take us all beyond our God-given physical limits.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010

MAYO
I dont DISCREDIT either one of those (gear or genetics) but I think people put way too much emphasis on them.
The mental aspect plays a role in dieting, training, gear usage, approach and attitude towards the whole gambit.
I hear way too many people claim they cant do this they cant do that because of 'genetics' well I call bullshit, seen plenty of people overcome genetic deficiencies in bodybuilding.
And as far as the gear thing, well fuck, how many damned threads we gonna have about how to squeeze one more drop outta gear usage?
I mean shit people, members sit and disect a cycle or proper usage of AAS to the nth degree, talk about beating a dead horse...I have used the same basic principles for gear use and never had much problems getting the most out of it...as interesting as it is, its not gonna do much more than it does with basic usage, these complex dosing protocols and such, most people with a life couldnt hope to duplicate it and dont even get me started on the peptide arguments I see.
All this when diet, rest and training make up the big picture...
At the end of the day you have to think things through and plan out your approach to muscle gains and fat loss, every aspect of those things is something that you have to 'think' about and use your mind, thus the mental approach comes in on every one of those aspects.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'd say that the nutrition component changes as you age. Many in their 20s can grow while eating just about anything, but that doesn't hold in your 40s. I'd say that nutrition is about 50% now that I'm in my 40s. Training about 25% (that ncludes mental, IMO), and genetics/gear at 10/15%, respectively.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I think diet/nutrition are about 75% of how you look... It doesn't matter your gentics, training, or gear usage... at some point you have to eat... and If you aren't eating correctly then you wont be growing correctly... period.. Don't believe me? just take a look at needtogetaas....

While that still leaves %25... 25% can be split equally amongst the rest... but the fact remains... If you eat good you look good...if you eat like shit... you look like shit!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I'm a hard gainer. I believe diet and training are equally important.

40% training
40% diet
20% gear

I think when you get to be my age gear % is much higher then a 25 - 35 year old. Don't kid yourselves. over 40 going natty you will loose MUCH size.

age palys a big part in what sups you will need to support the size you want to maintain.

good topic!

Last edited:
midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I don't DISCREDIT either one of those (gear or genetics)At the end of the day you have to think things through and plan out your approach to muscle gains and fat loss, every aspect of those things is something that you have to 'think' about and use your mind, thus the mental approach comes in on every one of those aspects.

can't argue with this logic at all. mental part is important in each diet training and aas....not a seperate catagory .

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic