hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I do shrugs of 450 5x 15 that works for me

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I never isolate them because they grow like KBD's ego just from getting secondary work on compound movements like dl and certain rows. They actually make my shoulders look smaller than they are, but they come in handy when grappling.

When I was in my early twenties, I had a competitive bb tell me to hit them with one exercise, 4 sets of super-high reps (30-50) using a weight that is manageable. That is how I built my disproportionate traps. That and hang-cleans when I was playing HS football.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
A shrug is a shrug. Front or back doesnt matter, unless its the additional stress your putting on the shoulder that make you like them. I personally dont do shrugs or anything of the nature to specifically train the traps. Like most hae said, deads either from the floor or racked, olympiclifts, especially high pulls or shrugs with the use of a hex bar. The hex bar keep the hands in a neutral position and keeps some of the strain off of the shoulders.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
A shrug is a shrug. Front or back doesnt matter, unless its the additional stress your putting on the shoulder that make you like them. I personally dont do shrugs or anything of the nature to specifically train the traps. Like most hae said, deads either from the floor or racked, olympiclifts, especially high pulls or shrugs with the use of a hex bar. The hex bar keep the hands in a neutral position and keeps some of the strain off of the shoulders.

Have to disagree on that point. My traps are very wide and thick. they lay back on myshoulders like two slabs of meat, but they have no height. The only way I have found to get height is by shrugging behind the back with strict form. Just like any other muscle, you can isolate different regions of the traps. That has been my experience anyways.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Have to disagree on that point. My traps are very wide and thick. they lay back on myshoulders like two slabs of meat, but they have no height. The only way I have found to get height is by shrugging behind the back with strict form. Just like any other muscle, you can isolate different regions of the traps. That has been my experience anyways.

I agree that most of everything is about personel preferrence or even the thought that something is working ( in general , not only in lifting ) then cetainly stick with it. IMO trap height or any muscle lenght width etc is all basedon genetics. Your definately more muscular and in better shape than my old ass is so,maybe i'll follow your lead. Good discussion all around.

Cheers

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
im going to tell you how to get some peak on those traps bro..site injections.i had the same problem..u can deadlift for years.you can do shrugs for years.u can do up right rows for years...u can anything and everything....they wont get to the point of peak.......but if u start hitting them with oil they will get bigger....i promise u that.......dw

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
im going to tell you how to get some peak on those traps bro..site injections.i had the same problem..u can deadlift for years.you can do shrugs for years.u can do up right rows for years...u can anything and everything....they wont get to the point of peak.......but if u start hitting them with oil they will get bigger....i promise u that.......dw

Wtf, needle in the traps? Ill pass lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm good on that too... No advice on site injections from Satan for me lol

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Yo KBD and POB, I pinned my traps with a 29g slin pin .5cc each with test prop, and I expected stupid amounts of pain, but it was literally the least painful pin I had with prop on my last cycle. It was right at the end of my cycle, so my rotation didn't come back around to them again, but I won't hesitate to do it again. It was really easy too, just look in the mirror and stab it. Maybe I am the anomaly, but don't knock it until you try it. I had 10 times the pain when site injecting biceps.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I feel as though we are about to tumble into the abyss of arguing about whether or not site injecting works...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic