Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

How many other lies?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
of the 3 macros only protein is essential carbs and fat are none essential there is nothing the body absolutely needs from carbs or fat as one is fat and the other can create fat, go no protein you will eventually die from systemic organ failure, go no fat you will not die as long as you have carbs, go no carbs you will not die as long as you have fat. Protein is the only one that builds and repairs tissue, the others are just energy sources. And since protien can also be converted to fat it really makes the other two non-essential but useful for peak operation QOL thing.
I think Omega 3/6 fats are essential. Humans can't synthesize them de novo. check me out though. I think it's so.

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
I think Omega 3/6 fats are essential. Humans can't synthesize them de novo. check me out though. I think it's so.
your right but you take my example as pure protein as opposed to sources of protein then you would be ok as most meats contain omegas surviving on pure protein wouldn't work as then no micros either, I was just speaking in general terms. :)

@gunslinger I was making a joke but yeah I don't like how my gut feels when I go full carnivore, I do like the other effects though. I don't like seesawing between constipation and diarrhea, I don't like taking a shit every 3 days etc.. so I add fiber usually sugar-free Metamucil and I take a very satisfying shit at least once a day So I find it essential from a QOL point of view :D Also now that I think of it another reason Im pro fiber is shit whatever its source is waste decomposing waste and I want it out ASAP before it starts creating toxins in my colon.

Last edited:
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I had a lobster grilled cheese and fries today for lunch and i didn't pay for it. I just burped up a piece of lobster 9 hours later. Calculate the thermodynamics of that!
That's why I don't understand these people who say that you can only digest 20-30 grams of protein per sitting. Don't they understand that a single sitting of protein can take hours and hours to digest? They act like you eat it and in 20 minutes the process and absortion are complete?!

Most of what they taught, and continue to teach, even in the fitness industry is complete bullshit.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
That's why I don't understand these people who say that you can only digest 20-30 grams of protein per sitting. Don't they understand that a single sitting of protein can take hours and hours to digest? They act like you eat it and in 20 minutes the process and absortion are complete?!

Most of what they taught, and continue to teach, even in the fitness industry is complete bullshit.
Yeah, it would also mean that it would be pretty much physiologically impossible for a human to get to 300 pounds solid or more unless they never slept and just ate like 15-20 meals per day. By their logic it would also mean that the protein needs for a 90 pound sedentary woman are the same as for a 260 pound bodybuilder. It just doesn't make sense.

Got into an argument this morning with a trainer that insists feeding his client orange juice, fruit, oatmeal and sweet potatoes was "healthy" when she obviously needs to lose around 50-60 pounds just to have a decent starting point.

MAGICAL SUGAR FTW!!!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

Yep, as long as there are aminos in your blood, you are good.

Another thing, on average (genetic freaks and AAS aside) your body can only synthesize around a gram of protein an hour, so meat based proteins that digest over time give you a much bigger bang for your buck than stuff like whey that is in and out of your system fairly quickly. If you do the math, a gram an hour is nearly 20 lbs of potential muscle a year. Unfortunately, we do not always optimize that time.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011

Brother tis was absolute garbage food full of crappy fats and cheese and fancy bread and toasted in god knows what kind of satanic goop. My body was trying to find somewhere that would take it lower in the chain and nobody wanted it. It was a working lunch and I ate fucking garbage because it had lobster in it. On the other hand if I was looking to put on muscle or more correctly put muscle back on I would be doing 40-60 g of protein a sitting 5 times a day. For me nothing happens under 200 grams.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
your right but you take my example as pure protein as opposed to sources of protein then you would be ok as most meats contain omegas surviving on pure protein wouldn't work as then no micros either, I was just speaking in general terms. :)

@gunslinger I was making a joke but yeah I don't like how my gut feels when I go full carnivore, I do like the other effects though. I don't like seesawing between constipation and diarrhea, I don't like taking a shit every 3 days etc.. so I add fiber usually sugar-free Metamucil and I take a very satisfying shit at least once a day So I find it essential from a QOL point of view :D Also now that I think of it another reason Im pro fiber is shit whatever its source is waste decomposing waste and I want it out ASAP before it starts creating toxins in my colon.
Yup, as long as you eat the meats and de fishes you are petty much covered.

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
The "Carnivore," who eats only meat and has intentionally eliminated an entire macronutrient (carbohydrate) from his diet is the voice of reason here, the one whose found the truth finally after so many nutrition lies. Pft, university nutrition courses just indoctrinate the pupil for life as a Big Agri gubmint shill, spreading disinformation for the purpose of.... well, for the purpose of making us all weaker for the eventual New World Order... but wait, you'd be stronger if you ate carbs.... but drugs will maintain an OKish IGF-I... you know what, man, fuck all this thinking.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
The "Carnivore," who eats only meat and has intentionally eliminated an entire macronutrient (carbohydrate) from his diet is the voice of reason here, the one whose found the truth finally after so many nutrition lies. Pft, university nutrition courses just indoctrinate the pupil for life as a Big Agri gubmint shill, spreading disinformation for the purpose of.... well, for the purpose of making us all weaker for the eventual New World Order... but wait, you'd be stronger if you ate carbs.... but drugs will maintain an OKish IGF-I... you know what, man, fuck all this thinking.
You can think or believe whatever you like bro. I'm a results based guy. I've played with and tweaked my diet for over 30 years and I'm not trying to say this works great for everyone for everything. Just that it is what works best for me for overall health. I'm sure I could eat a sweet potato a few times a week and bench those 85's for two more reps. But why? Deal with the gas, bloating, shits, inflammation and fat gain just to be 2% stronger? At my age I'm not trying to be the biggest/strongest guy in my little gym.

If eating 300-400 grams of sugar per day takes you where you wanna be in life by all means do it. But don't try to convince me its "healthy" for me or even most people.

By the way, I've eliminated the one macro-nutrient all the medical professionals say you have to have and I didn't die. I just got into much better shape and feel a hell of a lot better. Weird how that works.

As for spreading disinformation about diet and nutrition I'd say its being done for two reasons. 1) To make money 2) Ignorance But hey, if you trust the government implicitly and think they have your best interest at heart by all means carry on. If you are too lazy/blind to see whats going on around you with the foods and drugs thats on you.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
The problem with the government opinions on health and diet/disease issues is that it is WAY more confident and authoritarian on issues that are still unknown and that it has no business being confident and authoritarian about. Don't even get us started on covid. Most of our objections here to government stances are based on our own personal experiences proving the government to be wrong. The great irony being that the government often catches up to us and finds that we were the ones who were right all along.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
As I have said before....although calorie is a calorie is not technically correct, it is in practice a good enough rule to follow.

In the same way that Newtonian mechanics is technically incorrect, as it falls apart at the sub-atomic level which is where Einstein stepped in with general relativity. But guess what?.... We still use "laws" like FORCE=MASS X ACCELERATION every day (even to put people on the moon if needed) even though they are technically incorrect.

I have been 'flexible' dieting for last 10 years now. Just over 50. Have not done cardio in 4 years (not a good thing).

This was me last week. TRT @150/week only for past year. Being 'lazy' really. Worst shape (conditioning wise) I have been in 6 years. Been on icecream kick, about 2 tubs a week. My wife has been buying mini snickers and putting them in the freezer, and I seem to eat a few a day. Eating pizza and quite a bit of it twice a week, Friday is always pizza night at our house and our weekly poker game has started to order in pizza so....why not?

Just pulling back cals now a bit. A little late for summer, but I treat a cal as a cal and I understand what my energy requirements are, and can eat to them. If I go out for mexican, I am eating 2 baskets of chips and cheese dip BEFORE my meal comes and dont think I am skipping my rice.

I have (in the past) spent 2 years on keto in my 20's. Fuk that. Life is too short to not enjoy eating. Any yes, my total cholesterol is 140 and tri-glycerides are >50. (and I come from a history of high bp, heart problems, high cholesterol on both sides of my family)

IF>>>>IF I would ever consider eating in such a restrictive manner, I better get unbelieve results from it. Again, in worst condition I have been in in over 7 years. Taken last week. I knowingly let my bf drift up as I have not been very motivated. But dropping back down now. (and still eating good foods)

tx1CBJl.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,