Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How many other lies?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know if I am a he or she today. But I am full of pride.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, it is not that the Law of Thermodynamics does not apply, it is that macros have different impacts on the body. Some store more easily than others, while some increase metabolism, others increase LBM, which in turn increases the energy requirement. It is all in how the body uses the energy.

The problem I see is the extremes on both sides of this debate do not look at it that way.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yeah, it is not that the Law of Thermodynamics does not apply, it is that macros have different impacts on the body. Some store more easily than others, while some increase metabolism, others increase LBM, which in turn increases the energy requirement. It is all in how the body uses the energy.

The problem I see is the extremes on both sides of this debate do not look at it that way.
The difference is people like me (and a few others on here) have been on the other side for years and finally started doing some actual research instead of just blindly believing what the Drs and nutrition "experts" were saying. We experimented with our own bodies to see what was and was not true. Yes, if you feed two groups of people 1 pound of a certain food per day (no matter what that food is) and another group .5 pounds of that exact same food per day. Everything else being exactly the same in a vacuum the group taking in the 5. pound will weigh less than the group taking in 1 pound. This is common sense. BUT, the Law of Thermodynamics crowd jump from this to 1000 calories from a donut is the exact same as 1000 calories from steak or 1,000 calories from butter. Zero regard for how our bodies process different foods. Zero regard for insulin. Zero regard for food allergies, etc, etc. That said, anyone with even a small amount of common sense knows that eating 1 pound of birthday cake per day is NOT going to effect most people the same as eating one pound of chicken breast per day. All other factors being equal.

When I state that I have lost weight on 5,200 calories per day and gained on 1,000 per day these idiots look at me like I've lost my mind even though MOST people in the keto/carnivore community have experience the same type of thing.

When I say there is nothing about grains, fruit, or honey that is "healthy" they look at me again like I'm an alien and cite 4.73 million studies done by the grains/sugar industry stating they ARE indeed very healthy! Its as frustrating and showing people wearing a mask the label on the box of masks that plainly states "this product will NOT protect you from Covid-19" They stick their fingers in their ears and scream "DON'T CONFUSE ME WITH FACTS, I'VE ALREADY MADE UP MY MIND!!!!"

When it comes to diet its about 90% macros 5% timing and maybe 5% total calories.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am with you. Carbs are by far the trickiest macro to play with. Up until about 8 weeks ago, I was 100% behind carbs are the devil. Then I started this prep and found that it was more carb timing and ensuring not to eat carbs with fats that made more of a difference with fat loss.

I started the first few weeks of prep eating pretty much no carbs, green vegetables only and only enough to get 5-10 grams of carbs. Performance in the gym and during cardio took a major hit. Fat loss stalled out at 8% BF. Decreasing calories only made it worse. I added in carbs around training windows and had a high carb day each week where I took in 750 grams of carbs. High carb days were almost all sugars like Mike and Ikes, Airheads, Jolly Ranchers, etc... Performance skyrocketed and fat loss kicked in immediately. Made it to 5% BF, before I had to pull the plug on prep due to some medical concerns.

moebrane

moebrane

Oct 5, 2022
I am with you. Carbs are by far the trickiest macro to play with. Up until about 8 weeks ago, I was 100% behind carbs are the devil. Then I started this prep and found that it was more carb timing and ensuring not to eat carbs with fats that made more of a difference with fat loss.

I started the first few weeks of prep eating pretty much no carbs, green vegetables only and only enough to get 5-10 grams of carbs. Performance in the gym and during cardio took a major hit. Fat loss stalled out at 8% BF. Decreasing calories only made it worse. I added in carbs around training windows and had a high carb day each week where I took in 750 grams of carbs. High carb days were almost all sugars like Mike and Ikes, Airheads, Jolly Ranchers, etc... Performance skyrocketed and fat loss kicked in immediately. Made it to 5% BF, before I had to pull the plug on prep due to some medical concerns.
Si.
"A calorie is a calorie" NOT TRUE!

Somebody with a degree in nutrition was educated by "big food"

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
fiber might or might not be a nutrient but it is essential for a healthy gut, it keeps you from blocking up with constipation so I would say that's pretty essential lol.

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022

of the 3 macros only protein is essential carbs and fat are none essential there is nothing the body absolutely needs from carbs or fat as one is fat and the other can create fat, go no protein you will eventually die from systemic organ failure, go no fat you will not die as long as you have carbs, go no carbs you will not die as long as you have fat. Protein is the only one that builds and repairs tissue, the others are just energy sources. And since protien can also be converted to fat it really makes the other two non-essential but useful for peak operation QOL thing.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
fiber might or might not be a nutrient but it is essential for a healthy gut, it keeps you from blocking up with constipation so I would say that's pretty essential lol.
Care to explain how me and the others that eating nothing but meat don't just stay perpetually blocked up? Again, not needed and certainly NOT essential.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I had a lobster grilled cheese and fries today for lunch and i didn't pay for it. I just burped up a piece of lobster 9 hours later. Calculate the thermodynamics of that!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,