Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

how many meals you eat one day

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
I found that it I cutout carb after 4pm I will lose energy in next day morning workout. However, many say that we shouldn't absorb carb at night.
What is true?

their are studies that suggest both are effective. i personally try to consume all of my carbs at the begining part of my day. this works very well for me and i train early in the day most of the time. i would say that for me i have the best success not consuming carbs within 3-4 hours before going to bed. here is my thought process on that and someone will probably disagree but it works for me: carbs and fats blunt gh release so you get you best pulse of natural gh when you sleep so consuming them close to bed would slow down your fat loss goals

R

ronyim

Apr 30, 2012
But many suggest me to absorb good fat right before bed

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
But many suggest me to absorb good fat right before bed

i say no on that one due to the blunting of gh. regardless of the type of fat you are consuming it is going to blunt. i tend to stick to as lean of a source of protein as possible and normally no closer than 2 hours prior to bed. like i said that is completely my opinion and based off of what i have been told and read. their is a ton of different schools of thought but this is what i have found works best for me. i will throw up some pics here after my first show this year

R

ronyim

Apr 30, 2012
but without some carb or fat how your body absorb the protein over the night

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
8 meals a day training days and 7 meals on rest days. That includes shake meals though they aren't just straight powder shakes... mix in a tonne of oats.

As for carbs.. i don't drop carbs late in the day. Eat plenty with every meal. Currently taking in 100gms of oats before bed and not putting any fat on and growing just fine...

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
i eat about 7-8 meals a day. the higher end on non-workout days since there's more time to grub.
weekends, ironically, i eat less. during work is when i'm all-day ravenous and usually don't pack enough food.

bignick

bignick

Jul 29, 2012
Before starting to get into nutrition was having 4! now i'm having 7. Breakfast +2 till Lunch + 2 till workout + post workout

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Usually around 4, occasionally 5.

Breakfast
Fruit
Lunch
Fruit + afternoon snack
Dinner
Supper
1 x shake at some point during the day

qpm2

qpm2

Mar 1, 2016
Prepping and cooking food is super time consuming and in my opinion the toughest part of bodybuilding. The clean up always sucks, I wish I could afford a cook and maid then I would be set.... I usually cook enough for 5 meals. Some days I don't have time to cook and end up eating canned soups and protein bars...:(

Last edited:
silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Usually eat 4 meals. Typical is big breakfast, 4 eggs, 4 pieces of turkey bacon, 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread.
3 meals of 8 oz chicken breast half cup of rice and 1 cup of brocoli. Thrown in a protein bar for snack and a shake post workout.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic