C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Seeker

Seeker

Dec 30, 2011
It varies from day to day. I eat when I feel like it now. I just make sure the meals are enough satisfy my needs

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I've been experimenting for years and have done very well lately with a "warrior" type meal plan. I wake at 5:45 on work days and will take my supplements and a stimulant fat burner with water @ 6a. I will have a 16oz coffee with a teaspoon of honey and Fat Free Half & Half at 7 when I walk into work.

From there I'll fast until 1pm and eat a whole meal typically 1.5Cups cooked pasta and 6oz Grd Turkey.

At or around 5pm I'll have a tablespoon or two of Peanut Butter with another coffee.

8pm is a light meal Pro/Carb/Fat. I'm cool with eating the same meal for months on end so lately its been 1cup Egg Whites with 1/4cup of Feta Cheese and 1/4cup of Grd Turkey on two slices of Rye Toast.

12 midnight (Pre-bed) is a pretty big meal mostly Fat/Pro at or around 11pm. Typically a Syntrax Matrix shake (Egg/Whey/ Casein) with two tablespoons of PB spread on Coco Lite cakes (15cal rice cakes)

The meals pre bed have really supported growth the last 8mos and I'm still holding 205lbs with clearly visible veins in my hammies/lats and other last places to lean.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I've been experimenting for years and have done very well lately with a "warrior" type meal plan. I wake at 5:45 on work days and will take my supplements and a stimulant fat burner with water @ 6a. I will have a 16oz coffee with a teaspoon of honey and Fat Free Half & Half at 7 when I walk into work.

From there I'll fast until 1pm and eat a whole meal typically 1.5Cups cooked pasta and 6oz Grd Turkey.

At or around 5pm I'll have a tablespoon or two of Peanut Butter with another coffee.

8pm is a light meal Pro/Carb/Fat. I'm cool with eating the same meal for months on end so lately its been 1cup Egg Whites with 1/4cup of Feta Cheese and 1/4cup of Grd Turkey on two slices of Rye Toast.

12 midnight (Pre-bed) is a pretty big meal mostly Fat/Pro at or around 11pm. Typically a Syntrax Matrix shake (Egg/Whey/ Casein) with two tablespoons of PB spread on Coco Lite cakes (15cal rice cakes)

The meals pre bed have really supported growth the last 8mos and I'm still holding 205lbs with clearly visible veins in my hammies/lats and other last places to lean.

I bet you sleep like a rock with the larger last meal.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I just eat instinctively now and eat when I'm hungry. I do however always try to eat the same portions or macros every meal.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yep I recover better and have plenty of gas in the tank for non-work days when I hit the gym from 9a-11a. Those days I'll drink 25g WPI with 25g of HCBDs (Gaspari Glycofuse) with a Greens powder added for anti-oxidants. The 1pm meal is the same.

liftmonster

liftmonster

Nov 15, 2012
I have been eating 8 times a day for the last 60 days, prior to that I was doing 6 but it morphed into 8 while trying to evenly split my meals up.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Why are we replying to a thread that's 4 years old?
Fuckit, I eat when I want and what I want. Usually averages out to 5-6 meals a day plus a shake post workout (sometimes one before bed as well)
I don't count macros but I've got a pretty good idea what I'm consuming throughout the day (night for me).
I let the mirror and my energy levels determine what I'm lacking in my diet these days

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
I've been around 2,700 Cals/ 80g Fat (30g Sat) / 300g Carbs / 200g Protein for a while now for every training day, and up to 5 days a week...I throw cheat meals in only on Sunday (a day I'm up 24hrs + every week), and low carb it (usually 75-125g) on Tuesday and Wednesday...

wake up: 10:30pm meal #1/2am snack/4am meal #2/5:30am snack/6:30am snack/7:30am meal #3/8:30am Pre W/O snack/11:30-12 Post W/O shake/1pm Meal #4/3pm Pre bed snack...

so the answer in a nutshell is 4 true meals, and a bunch of snacks in between...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic