How a Yoga Product increased my Bench...Yoga Wheel Review

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Training and Strength techniques' started by Ramrod, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Ramrod

Ramrod VIP Member

Jun 5, 2012
    12 inch Yoga Wheel

[​IMG]

http://www.breakinasweat.com/
    http://breakin-a-sweat.myshopify.com/

Starting @ $40

How a Yoga Product helped my Bench Press...

This is a product I took a gamble on. I was searching for ways to increase my Arch and get a better bench set up. Why a bigger better arch? Instant increase in pounds and shorter distance to press are two advantages. The biggest factor I have found is when using leg drive. When arched well, you can give all the leg drive you want and your butt stays planted and you arch actually increases.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Anyone who has researched this has seen the method of just sticking PVC Pipes and Foam Rollers under you back while benching. This isn’t safe and there is a much better way. I tried the PVC pipes and Foam rollers and all that did was cause lower back pain when trying to force my back to flex while benching. This method doesn’t stretch your back any. All it does force your back to round over the PVC pipe and you lose all tightness. Which in return will cause lower back strain.

The Yoga Wheels advantage is to safely stretch and hold an arch before you even get on a bench. It quickly opens up the upper back, shoulders and prepares the lower back for benching. I combined the Yoga Wheel with couch stretches before and during my warm ups. In just a couple of weeks I saw a HUGE increase in my arch and I was able to hold that arch without any pain. Since I have been using the Yoga Wheel, I haven’t had any lower back strains during bench.

[​IMG]

The simple tool has been the best thing for my Bench in years. I increased my Bench by over 15lbs and was hitting 315 for triples.

[​IMG]

2. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Interesting tool to help increase your arch. It's neat how we all find different ways to help increase pounds on lifts.

3. IronSoul

IronSoul TID Board Of Directors

Apr 2, 2013
    Thanks for sharing this ramrod. Pretty interesting approach to increasing your arch/bench. I'm glad to see that it worked for you. Also good to see that the product is affordable. Some of the members on here seem to be good at fabricating and could probably make these.

cynderella likes this.
  4. Ramrod

Ramrod VIP Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Thanks guys, I'm always looking for odd new ways to attack problems. I haven't used it for a few weeks, but I started back with it this week. It's amazing how fast it works.

5. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Hmmm interesting...

I can still see people trying to use this on their low back though rather than for the t spine

6. uphillclimb

uphillclimb TID Board Of Directors

Dec 9, 2011
    Just seeing this thread now....this product intrigues me.

7. kyle grey

kyle grey VIP Member

May 15, 2012
    I've seen weightlifter Mohamed Ehab use bumper plates in a similar way to loosen up his back before a session . It's near the start of this video

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  8. Ramrod

Ramrod VIP Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Good Catch...

9. Littleguy

Littleguy TID Board Of Directors

Sep 30, 2011

Me too just for the stretch itself, I am old, meek and feeble and need the back flexibility.
    Thanks OP

10. uphillclimb

uphillclimb TID Board Of Directors

Dec 9, 2011
    I just picked one up for the house. With my spine shaped like a lightning bolt, there's only so much that the inversion table is capable of.

Littleguy likes this.
  11. DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong VIP Member

May 27, 2013
    Damn oly lifters and their mobility...