Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
12 inch Yoga Wheel

20151025_223055_zpshi2s5cqq.jpg

http://www.breakinasweat.com/
http://breakin-a-sweat.myshopify.com/

Starting @ $40

How a Yoga Product helped my Bench Press...

This is a product I took a gamble on. I was searching for ways to increase my Arch and get a better bench set up. Why a bigger better arch? Instant increase in pounds and shorter distance to press are two advantages. The biggest factor I have found is when using leg drive. When arched well, you can give all the leg drive you want and your butt stays planted and you arch actually increases.

bc1232b1-702d-4c70-9b11-6889836e5952_zpsz5pgmmuz.png
c172b2a4-e28b-4d1f-939c-614a0d81ef3d_zpsxau8gyju.png

Anyone who has researched this has seen the method of just sticking PVC Pipes and Foam Rollers under you back while benching. This isn’t safe and there is a much better way. I tried the PVC pipes and Foam rollers and all that did was cause lower back pain when trying to force my back to flex while benching. This method doesn’t stretch your back any. All it does force your back to round over the PVC pipe and you lose all tightness. Which in return will cause lower back strain.

The Yoga Wheels advantage is to safely stretch and hold an arch before you even get on a bench. It quickly opens up the upper back, shoulders and prepares the lower back for benching. I combined the Yoga Wheel with couch stretches before and during my warm ups. In just a couple of weeks I saw a HUGE increase in my arch and I was able to hold that arch without any pain. Since I have been using the Yoga Wheel, I haven’t had any lower back strains during bench.

Screenshot_2015-10-09-23-18-45_zps0axipjol.png

The simple tool has been the best thing for my Bench in years. I increased my Bench by over 15lbs and was hitting 315 for triples.

20151025_223102_zpsjsr3dilh.jpg

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Interesting tool to help increase your arch. It's neat how we all find different ways to help increase pounds on lifts.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing this ramrod. Pretty interesting approach to increasing your arch/bench. I'm glad to see that it worked for you. Also good to see that the product is affordable. Some of the members on here seem to be good at fabricating and could probably make these.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Interesting tool to help increase your arch. It's neat how we all find different ways to help increase pounds on lifts.

Thanks for sharing this ramrod. Pretty interesting approach to increasing your arch/bench. I'm glad to see that it worked for you. Also good to see that the product is affordable. Some of the members on here seem to be good at fabricating and could probably make these.

Thanks guys, I'm always looking for odd new ways to attack problems. I haven't used it for a few weeks, but I started back with it this week. It's amazing how fast it works.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hmmm interesting...

I can still see people trying to use this on their low back though rather than for the t spine

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I've seen weightlifter Mohamed Ehab use bumper plates in a similar way to loosen up his back before a session . It's near the start of this video

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I've seen weightlifter Mohamed Ehab use bumper plates in a similar way to loosen up his back before a session . It's near the start of this video

Good Catch...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Just seeing this thread now....this product intrigues me.

Me too just for the stretch itself, I am old, meek and feeble and need the back flexibility.
Thanks OP

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Me too just for the stretch itself, I am old, meek and feeble and need the back flexibility.
Thanks OP

I just picked one up for the house. With my spine shaped like a lightning bolt, there's only so much that the inversion table is capable of.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013

Damn oly lifters and their mobility...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic