Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

holy shit, my benchpress sucks.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
thank you deadweight!! sometimes i cant see the forest threw the trees bro, much appreciated!!will keep you up dated and, really since it is winter i should be on my 5x5. lotssss less delt work, just a few sets, maybe over head press? sound ok?

no need for front presses bro...u will hit front delts by benching...i was the same way.its really like this bro...for some lifters you can have your cake and eat it too bro...once u get the bench u want then u can add other stuff..its like starting all over bro...and arm work once ew....bicpet work maybe 10 sets max...tricep about 12 sets...spread the arm work out between your bench days...heres is a look at what im doing now
sunday
squat
bench
power clens
monday arms
tuesday squats
wensday bench and pullups
thursday off
friday offf
saturday off
sundat repeat.

right now im not doing any deadlifts due to lower disk problems...but as u can see its all pretty much basic stuff..lost of rest too...look at it this way....work out 20 percent and enjoy the gians at 80percent...try it out for 6 weeks..what u got to lose?....just rememeber too...do lots of flat bench//i kid u not around 15 to 20 sets...mix the reps up...the first 5 sets do like 5 reps...then increase the weight and do 5 more sets of 5 then increase the weight and do 5 sets of 5then the last 5 sets rep out for 20 reps per set....if u do that for awile that bench will rise...of course long as u cut all the bb movements out...dw

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
DW said it all. Shoulders are destoyed with bench. With 5/3/1 the only isolated shoulder excercise is Standing OHP. No lateral raises no front raise nothing like that. that program is geared for power lifting. As Halo said the Sheiko program we just finished never touched shoulders once. However we both noticed huge shoulder growth. Bench was hit 3x a week and sometimes more than 18 sets per session at over 50% 1RM and never went over 85% in 4 weeks. All I can say that program has made a huge difference in so many ways. 1st size and second all my reps in the 300's can all be done as rest pause.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
no need for front presses bro...u will hit front delts by benching...i was the same way.its really like this bro...for some lifters you can have your cake and eat it too bro...once u get the bench u want then u can add other stuff..its like starting all over bro...and arm work once ew....bicpet work maybe 10 sets max...tricep about 12 sets...spread the arm work out between your bench days...heres is a look at what im doing now
sunday
squat
bench
power clens
monday arms
tuesday squats
thursday off
friday offf
saturday off
sundat repeat.

right now im not doing any deadlifts due to lower disk problems...but as u can see its all pretty much basic stuff..lost of rest too...look at it this way....work out 20 percent and enjoy the gians at 80percent...try it out for 6 weeks..what u got to lose?....just rememeber too...do lots of flat bench//i kid u not around 15 to 20 sets...mix the reps up...the first 5 sets do like 5 reps...then increase the weight and do 5 more sets of 5 then increase the weight and do 5 sets of 5then the last 5 sets rep out for 20 reps per set....if u do that for awile that bench will rise...of course long as u cut all the bb movements out...dw

DW, you still do squats and Power cleans with disk issues? thats pretty solid bro hat off to ya

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
DW, you still do squats and Power cleans with disk issues? thats pretty solid bro hat off to ya

man ive been having disk problems for almost 10 years or so...ive just learn to limit myself..with squats im only good for some many sets so i bang it hard for what its worth..after 8 sets im usely done squatting...and the power clens...5 sets max...and dont get me wrong i do deadlift from time to time but i cant go pulling like i use to...now im still good for hack squats....dw

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
being excessive in training will cripple your bench.....I know many dudes that has been training over 10 years plus can even bench 300...shit for that matter they are lucky to bench 275...the reason being they train like a bodybuilder...ONLY the lucky can have both worlds...in a long tme i havent trained to make any gains in numbers on my bench but i still can hit 455 for 3 to 4 reps now...im close to 500 ..The reason im able to maintain this the numbers i have is by smart training....training less and cutting out all the bb movements...and from time to time i will do cabel work or shoulder presses...for back work now ive been doing pull ups...12 to 15 sets...and thats it for back work.....dw

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
sunday
squat
bench
power clens
monday arms
tuesday squats
thursday off
friday offf
saturday off
sundat repeat.

very nice indeed dw!! i have 1 question about your regimen bro, for the most part my back issue has subsided and if i were to dead, where would you place this? on wed?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
DW said it all. Shoulders are destoyed with bench. With 5/3/1 the only isolated shoulder excercise is Standing OHP. No lateral raises no front raise nothing like that. that program is geared for power lifting. As Halo said the Sheiko program we just finished never touched shoulders once. However we both noticed huge shoulder growth. Bench was hit 3x a week and sometimes more than 18 sets per session at over 50% 1RM and never went over 85% in 4 weeks. All I can say that program has made a huge difference in so many ways. 1st size and second all my reps in the 300's can all be done as rest pause.

thank you jandj!!! looks very impressive and dw is dead on, i want my cake, all to myself, and eat it, all myself..but afterall, who doesnt want to be huge and powerfull?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I agree with DW, during this Sheiko routine we did NO shoulder work and my shoulders got big. However during the routine bench is hit every other day on the second workouts it was done twice during that workout. Huge difference for me. I would bet JB will say the same.

thank you Halo, i have about 1 1/2 hrs to lift before work, how long is your workout while on this routine?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic