Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

holy shit, my benchpress sucks.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
hey bros, another question here, my dilema? i can pull fairly decent weights, anything pulling say deads, rows, pulldowns etc, however, my pushing exercises leaves something to be desired. i have been 'bodybuilding benching' since i was a kid, back flat, elbows out and parallel. i have decent mass, my main concern, but my bench just blows. i have watched tates benching, so on, but the groove just doesnt feel right. i feel i can add much more mass if i can up my numbers(duhh), which seems to happen only when im running dbol? stop the dbol, bench disappears. any hints or tips bros? i currently decline bench as my main mass builder, say 250x4-5 reps. 1 chest workout per week. thanks bros, merry xmas!!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
OS, I'm finding the Sheiko program is giving me the biggest bench gains I've ever seen, doing paused benches, occasionally using the fat gripz with the big weights and reps the Sheiko forces it's really improving my bench, I'd highly recommend it.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
You have to keep ur core tight. From your toes to ur grip. Go to utube and look up elitefitness 5 part bench series. Back shouldn't be flat. Watch all the parts and ur bench will shoot. Also make sure u are doing dips and OH presses. These will also help. Bench is 60% form. My issue with bench is the lack of spots. I can go forever with certain weights. Watch a the videos and I promise a increase by atleast 30-40lbs.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Put up a video of your current form on a flat bench.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Continuing to bench like you do is only going to hurt you.

cappicard

cappicard

Dec 18, 2011
Yeah, my bench press is rather sad too. My 1rm is about 250, but it's more than I started out with 5 years ago.

Just focus on form and development. :)

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
You have to keep ur core tight. From your toes to ur grip. Go to utube and look up elitefitness 5 part bench series. Back shouldn't be flat. Watch all the parts and ur bench will shoot. Also make sure u are doing dips and OH presses. These will also help. Bench is 60% form. My issue with bench is the lack of spots. I can go forever with certain weights. Watch a the videos and I promise a increase by atleast 30-40lbs.

i have no spotter either bro, and personally, have never done a 1 rm in years!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
OS, I'm finding the Sheiko program is giving me the biggest bench gains I've ever seen, doing paused benches, occasionally using the fat gripz with the big weights and reps the Sheiko forces it's really improving my bench, I'd highly recommend it.

ive been reading your log halo and have seen your sheiko workouts bro, awesome and thanks for the advice!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Yeah, my bench press is rather sad too. My 1rm is about 250, but it's more than I started out with 5 years ago.

Just focus on form and development. :)

solid advice cappicard! but i am concerned with my push/pull ratio also. there are inherit risks i believe, and have read, when your opposing muscle lacks strength.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic