Latest Member
jacobss

help with deadlift

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
legs and hips are u try to use deadlifting
do not let your back round,
the last 2 vids are better but your butt is still raising up before the bar is leaving the floor and that is causing your back to round.
watch the vid and see what moves first.

D

darkerside

Dec 3, 2010
ok cheers, will try get it spot on next week. As long as i keep improving it will get there eventually.

drew

drew

Dec 3, 2010
I was stuck at 315 for awhile on deads was not making any strength gain on this lift and what really helped me was 2 things in this lift that kept me gaining.
first thing was progressive overload.Switch up my normal dead routine by going high volume german 10x10 program once a month or every 5 weeks.Its just taking about 60%-75% of your normal 1RM and doing 10 sets of 10 reps with little rest betweem sets,this is a fucking ass kicker bro,I was deff was feeling it the next day.
And the other thing was doing singles.I know like most singles suck but it allows you to really feel the movements and correct form.
Im about 200lbs now this video is from me in sept I was lean bc I was 3.5 weeks from co mpeting at 176lbs

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
videos are the best way to determine your form on lifts, you can watch and see what you are doing.
The number 1 thing most people do wrong is they get in position before the lift and then move the hips before they lift the weight. drew, you are in a good position before you lift and then you move your hips up before the bar leaves the floor, watch the vid and then do another vid and concentrate on keeping your form throughout the lift, do not raise your hips, keep them down, your lift will shoot up when you start using more hips and legs and less back.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I know it's a tad late, but If I could add some advice it would be on your set up, what really jumped out to me is the bar relative to your foot position. In the first video the bar is too far forward on your foot, if you look at the path of the bar, you lift it, then pull it in towards your body. The second and third videos are a lot better, but the bar is pressed right against your shins and when you go through the set up you are rolling the bar forward, which is better than starting with it way too forward but if you overroll the bar it results in the same thing. Especially with heavier weights it will change the initial dynamics of the lift.

It's something you want to consider and will help you keep the bar in a straight path along your legs more easily.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
darkerside.. You also need to switch to a reverse grip..Keeping your hands the same position on the bar is going to throw you forward. Once you are down and locked on the bar. when you start pulling make sure to sit back.. Going to feel akward, like your going to fall backwards.

D

darkerside

Dec 3, 2010
cheers guys, since the last video i have stopped using straps and now use a reverse grip, it makes the set up allot easier and faster, i have also put 10kg onto my 1 rep max and can actually do the 200kg for 2 reps now, it makes you realise how crutial the set up and technique are, cheers guys, will be testing new 1 rep max this week i think.

D

darkerside

Dec 3, 2010
did deadlifts again yesterday and added another 5kg on to my 1 rep max was very pleased, i actually broke my 1 rep max record twice, so in the space of not even 4 weeks ive added 15kg on to my max deadlift, my aim is for 220kg (5 plates a side) so its in sight now only another 5kg to go.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
that is great news, keep it going up....

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Great progression. I struggled with the top end for awhile also. I was given some simple advice.Clench your cheeks together .I'm dead serious here.It gives you the push through you need at the top for lockout.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic