Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Help me with my chest!!!!!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
not trying to suck your dick, but theres nothing horrible about your build either. your fuckin huge

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
not trying to suck your dick, but theres nothing horrible about your build either. your fuckin huge

Far from huge. Thanks tho man, boosts my confidence.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Looks like your a shoulder bencher. I've worked out with a lot of really strong guys, some had huge Chests, several were just as strong, but were.concave in that area, whilst having killer shoulders.

I would try to arch your back, roll your scapula back and stick your chest out, also try inhaling in on the.negative, which forces.you to hold a better alignment. I'm no world record holder, but Chest was always one of my better bodyparts, I won several Bench Meets years ago, after I started training with an old PowerLifter, he taught me to integrate other muscles to lift more weight.

My point is that I had become so used to channeling mostly chest, because I was a bodybuilder and was capable of lifting a lot more weight, but didn't as it took emphasis off my chest, and I knew it, because my shoulders, Lats, triceps, etc never really got sore, just my pectorals. I had gotten talked into the Bench Meets by him, and subsequently saw just how different lifting weights and bodybuilding are.

Not to get off an a tangent, I think your using your Lats and shoulders too much, its evident, I can't critique your form much without seeing it, I'm just pulling on years of doing it, and seeing that sort of thing.

I think TB's assessment is dead on, alot of guys with your bone structure and wider clavicles do barbell bench and become essentially front delt presses on their backs.
Two things off the bat....pre exahaust with flies, get a good squeeze and burn then use dumbells instead of barbells, keep the shoulder blades down and back, and press up and squeeze.
Dips wouldnt be a bad excercise for you either.

Also, some squats would be a good idea too.

Last edited:
Thinkbig

Thinkbig

MuscleHead
Jun 29, 2011
Ditto, I was once a dipping motherfucker...

I credit it to the thickness I had and its not too shabby for triceps either.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I think TB's assessment is dead on, alot of guys with your bone structure and wider clavicles do barbell bench and become essentially front delt presses on their backs.
Two things off the bat....pre exahaust with flies, get a good squeeze and burn then use dumbells instead of barbells, keep the shoulder blades down and back, and press up and squeeze.
Also dips wouldnt be a bad excercise for you either.
Weighted dips are really underrated for pecs. Normally the last thing I do on chest day.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Weighted dips are really underrated for pecs. Normally the last thing I do on chest day.

I think form/ posture makes a big difference with that. and it differes tremendously from person to person. My chest LOVES weighted dips.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
you have a deficient right pec evidently, you say help you. here goes, you need more overall mass, 4-5 sets bench press,7-10 reps tops. upper pecs need help also, 4-5 sets 8-10 reps. now for your right pec, id say one arm cable flys, one arm dumbell bench, one arm dumbell fly(probably the most important, by the looks of your outer pec) all my opinion, 6 months, hope i could help!

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
you have a deficient right pec evidently, you say help you. here goes, you need more overall mass, 4-5 sets bench press,7-10 reps tops. upper pecs need help also, 4-5 sets 8-10 reps. now for your right pec, id say one arm cable flys, one arm dumbell bench, one arm dumbell fly(probably the most important, by the looks of your outer pec) all my opinion, 6 months, hope i could help!

no i dont, just the way i was walking, my arm was behind.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I have sorta the same problem with shitty upper and inner chest development so I tossed in an extra chest day and have mainly moved to working the lagging chest sections. I have been doing 5 sets of heavy incline smith machine with a inner facing grip and those have been torching the hell out of my inner and upper chest. I usually do 5 sets of dips to failure with a good forward lean going so as to destroy the pecs

These have started to add in some nice thickness to the lacking parts. the other chest day consists of heavyl incline bench, cable crossovers. flat flys and every two weeks flat bench

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I have sorta the same problem with shitty upper and inner chest development so I tossed in an extra chest day and have mainly moved to working the lagging chest sections. I have been doing 5 sets of heavy incline smith machine with a inner facing grip and those have been torching the hell out of my inner and upper chest. I usually do 5 sets of dips to failure with a good forward lean going so as to destroy the pecs

These have started to add in some nice thickness to the lacking parts. the other chest day consists of heavyl incline bench, cable crossovers. flat flys and every two weeks flat bench

I hit incline and dips hard as fuck yesterday, chest is really sore.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I agree with the advice given on the dips. When I'm targeting chest, I've got a wider grip and let my elbows come out a bit, when I'm targeting tris, I take a closer grip and keep the elbows in.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I agree with the advice given on the dips. When I'm targeting chest, I've got a wider grip and let my elbows come out a bit, when I'm targeting tris, I take a closer grip and keep the elbows in.

Finished up with some close grip too, i can really feel my inner chest.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic