What's New?

Help me with my chest!!!!!

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
303715_239712822733454_100000842157913_630445_6233181_n.jpg

306309_239720506066019_100000842157913_630455_1022160_n.jpg

It looks horrible :( ive tried everything!

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
If u put as much time into the bench as you do practicing your "I'm a bad mutha
fucka" pose, you'd be headed in the right direction.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
If u put as much time into the bench as you do practicing your "I'm a bad mutha
fucka" pose, you'd be headed in the right direction.

Can i please get an answer instead of a smartass remark. Thanks, and i spend alot of time in the gym thanks.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I have the same exactly the same problem you have bro. The best thing I have found so far that makes my chest grow even now that I am on pct, is machines. Bench pressing doesn't do shit for me at this point. Be it incline, decline, barbell, dumbbell, whatever.

This is what really works wonders for me:

Machine Bench Press Exercise Guide and Video

Keep your shoulders back and grab the handles in a manner which the bottom of your fists is looking down to the floor. Adjust the seat to hit upper, middle and lower pecs accordingly. Generally, experiment with this exercise and you're not going to regret it.

Use medium weights and focus on form taking a good 2-3 seconds to lower the weight and 1-2 seconds to push it.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I was going to reccomend the same thing. Do something completly different than the normal. its obvious you know where the gym is, but think about all the pec workouts that you have scoffed at while you were benching or doing db presses/ flyes. there are so many machines that will work your chest in a isolated manner.

Thinkbig

Thinkbig

MuscleHead
Jun 29, 2011
Looks like your a shoulder bencher. I've worked out with a lot of really strong guys, some had huge Chests, several were just as strong, but were.concave in that area, whilst having killer shoulders.

I would try to arch your back, roll your scapula back and stick your chest out, also try inhaling in on the.negative, which forces.you to hold a better alignment. I'm no world record holder, but Chest was always one of my better bodyparts, I won several Bench Meets years ago, after I started training with an old PowerLifter, he taught me to integrate other muscles to lift more weight.

My point is that I had become so used to channeling mostly chest, because I was a bodybuilder and was capable of lifting a lot more weight, but didn't as it took emphasis off my chest, and I knew it, because my shoulders, Lats, triceps, etc never really got sore, just my pectorals. I had gotten talked into the Bench Meets by him, and subsequently saw just how different lifting weights and bodybuilding are.

Not to get off an a tangent, I think your using your Lats and shoulders too much, its evident, I can't critique your form much without seeing it, I'm just pulling on years of doing it, and seeing that sort of thing.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What's your typical chest day look like?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Looks like your a shoulder bencher. I've worked out with a lot of really strong guys, some had huge Chests, several were just as strong, but were.concave in that area, whilst having killer shoulders.

I would try to arch your back, roll your scapula back and stick your chest out, also try inhaling in on the.negative, which forces.you to hold a better alignment. I'm no world record holder, but Chest was always one of my better bodyparts, I won several Bench Meets years ago, after I started training with an old PowerLifter, he taught me to integrate other muscles to lift more weight.

My point is that I had become so used to channeling mostly chest, because I was a bodybuilder and was capable of lifting a lot more weight, but didn't as it took emphasis off my chest, and I knew it, because my shoulders, Lats, triceps, etc never really got sore, just my pectorals. I had gotten talked into the Bench Meets by him, and subsequently saw just how different lifting weights and bodybuilding are.

Not to get off an a tangent, I think your using your Lats and shoulders too much, its evident, I can't critique your form much without seeing it, I'm just pulling on years of doing it, and seeing that sort of thing.

Will try this, thank you bro.

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
yeah id like to know how a typical chest day goes for ya. you def got some size. it might be an anatomical issue. basically what TB was talkin bout. the way your shoulders kinda come forward and take over. if you can find the right posture to take them out the game you could do some damage. id also say unless you havent done much flat benching at all your entire life, id steer away from that as well. your lower pecs are there. get an adjustabel incline bench and lower it all the way down so its a slight incline. get ya some dumbells and go to town. arching the lower back and keeping elbows slightly bent to get a deep stretch. or do smith machine with same angle on bench. this again should help keep shoulders out and trash the upper chest which seems to be your weakness. exp with grip width. markus ruhl use to do these as wide as your hands can go on smith. i tried it and was sore something fierce for days. after youve done one of these two exercisess first, go straight into incline flyes. its all about where you position your elbows and the bend in the arm to get that deep stretch that is the main reason for flyes. try to feel the fibers. from 3-4 workin sets here id hit a machine press then cable crossovers and bounce brah! hope this helps and goodluck brother

Reactions: KBD
KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
yeah id like to know how a typical chest day goes for ya. you def got some size. it might be an anatomical issue. basically what TB was talkin bout. the way your shoulders kinda come forward and take over. if you can find the right posture to take them out the game you could do some damage. id also say unless you havent done much flat benching at all your entire life, id steer away from that as well. your lower pecs are there. get an adjustabel incline bench and lower it all the way down so its a slight incline. get ya some dumbells and go to town. arching the lower back and keeping elbows slightly bent to get a deep stretch. or do smith machine with same angle on bench. this again should help keep shoulders out and trash the upper chest which seems to be your weakness. exp with grip width. markus ruhl use to do these as wide as your hands can go on smith. i tried it and was sore something fierce for days. after youve done one of these two exercisess first, go straight into incline flyes. its all about where you position your elbows and the bend in the arm to get that deep stretch that is the main reason for flyes. try to feel the fibers. from 3-4 workin sets here id hit a machine press then cable crossovers and bounce brah! hope this helps and goodluck brother

DEF gonna use this, this is solid advice right here. Thanks brother.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Kbd I put up an article I wrote on correcting just such a posture problem the other day. I can't remember if it's under training or injury prevention. I'd put up the link but I am on the iPhone.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic