Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Help me with my chest!!!!!

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Kbd I put up an article I wrote on correcting just such a posture problem the other day. I can't remember if it's under training or injury prevention. I'd put up the link but I am on the iPhone.

Ill look for it brutha

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I have the same problem...but worse! lol. My shoulders are huge depsite injuries I've had from playin ball, but my chest is concave. It's got some size in the upper area but sucks down low. I think TB's post was great. A lot of people probably put up big weight on the bench and don't think twice about whether they are really working their chest. Personally, I've never even ONCE left the gym saying, "Man, my chest is gonna be sore tomorrow"... I never even get a good pump going in the middle of my chest.

KBD... You've spent a lot of time not arching your back while benching. That may in fact be hurting you as your shoulders are more stabilized in that position and allow you to "cheat" with them. I do the same thing I'm sure. Arch that back a lil bit (starting with lower weight until you get used to it) and hit those machines and wide grip brotha!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think you just need to do a chest workout with me for a day. All your issues would be solved. And i didn't say damn I'll be sore tomorrow, but shit, my fucking chest is on fire.

I had a huge problem with chest back in the day but I know how to isolate those muscles now.

try working your chest with putting your feet on the bench to remove your back from the lift. You know, I'll put together some tips for you later, and post them up for everyone.

I have the same problem...but worse! lol. My shoulders are huge depsite injuries I've had from playin ball, but my chest is concave. It's got some size in the upper area but sucks down low. I think TB's post was great. A lot of people probably put up big weight on the bench and don't think twice about whether they are really working their chest. Personally, I've never even ONCE left the gym saying, "Man, my chest is gonna be sore tomorrow"... I never even get a good pump going in the middle of my chest.

KBD... You've spent a lot of time not arching your back while benching. That may in fact be hurting you as your shoulders are more stabilized in that position and allow you to "cheat" with them. I do the same thing I'm sure. Arch that back a lil bit (starting with lower weight until you get used to it) and hit those machines and wide grip brotha!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
303715_239712822733454_100000842157913_630445_6233181_n.jpg

306309_239720506066019_100000842157913_630455_1022160_n.jpg

It looks horrible :( ive tried everything!

I know what the problem is your wearing a belt that should be worn with a suit first off, second problem is you missed a belt loop.............Other than that i think you look fine you!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
My upper chest responds well to the incline bench. I know some people hate to use the smith rack, but if you want to do some slow, controlled rep movements to really try to stimulate the target muscle group, sometimes the smooth movement along the rails is helpful. I would consider doing some angle "pyramid" sets (high reps), with each set adjusting the degree of incline.

For example, smallest incline 135 x 15, next smallest incline 135 X 15, and so on. Progress to an incline that is just starting to work shoulder and stop, and then move back down. You'll get a lot of reps, get a lot of blood flow to the target area, and you'll get the "feel" you want when you're attempting to target the upper pecs. The mind/muscle connection is no joke.

Good luck. You've got a good base.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Chest Monday and Thursday helped bring mine up.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
U want help ..I tell you...Put the work in bro....It could take u another 5 more years working your chess before u see what u like....Why ask oppions?...U know what the fuck to do....Just do it...But i will tell a bit of advice....Train more with the barbell...I feel thats the only way u will build the thickness u lack on your chess...Also,i can tell your body is lacking slow twich muscle....U have enough fast twich...If u can find a blance u would be much more impressed with your hard work u put in the gym.dw

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Christ bro,
If your chest catches up with th rest of you(yeah Im gonna say it)You'll be friggins huge bro!

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Thanks guys i appreciate everything, At least my arms look good :(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic