jacobss
What's New?

Halo's attempt at getting stronger Log

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Owning bitches.

Well done, seriously. I know that you realize how much hard work and effort that takes on your team's part and your part, and see results pay off must have been extremely gratifying. Keep after it.

Thanks so much and you know it, it's a tough balancing act for me since I retired from the Navy, my current job is far more demanding than the last year of a 30 year Navy career. We have the collegiate nationals in providence rhode island in april if anyone wants to come by and help wrap, set gear or just yell for our lifters :)

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Great work!

What weekend in April? I'm competing towards the beginning of the month, so I might be looking for something to do after that.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Great work!

What weekend in April? I'm competing towards the beginning of the month, so I might be looking for something to do after that.

I will be heading down. Will pick you up on the way. April 14 thru 17. I may stay a couple nights with Halo. He should bring MJR too

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Very impressive work Halo!!!

Totally amazing results!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I demand a test for fritters!!! LOL! Congrats brother. Quite an accomplishment. As you know, it's one thing to train and compete yourself, but to train and coach others, is a feat of its own. Quite an accomplishment.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Thanks you guys! Coaching is definitely a challenge and reward situation. It's not easy to work with 30 lifters who are in various degrees of experience, some working with gear some without in a little dungeon gym (I have to admit there is something old school and appealing about this part) with shitty old equipment outside of the good shit I actually buy myself. Powerlifting doesn't get a bunch of recognition it's the same in our school as in the real world. That being said once you have a group that is giving everything they have and working smartly towards our set goals, you just can't not do it.

The biggest issue has been over 3 years to get the team to go from working 7 days a week like crazed bodybuildingpowercrossfitters I'm coining that phrase LOL to get that group who is working on the "the more you work the harder you work the stronger you'll be". The only problem with that is going 90-100% of your 1RM or to failure every single day might have been a cool idea back in the 70's but we all know better now. Over two and a half years I kept drilling in the 3 main days a week one accessory day, progressive loading and now they've adopted it themselves and it's producing amazing results. This routine may sound basic for some but it's a rock solid routine that has kept the team injury free and exceeding goal numbers the entire way.

I am stoked that a few guys are going to come and support during the nationals. For those that haven't been to one before it's the biggest powerlifting meet in the world it's intense and exhausting and now it's going to be 4 days long it's going to be a killer year.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Squat Day

Cambered Bar Box Squats

Bar X 10 X 3
145 X 8 X 2
235 X 6 X 1
325 X 4 X 1
415 X 3 X 6

Barbell Lunges

145 X 4 X 5

I've been working hard on my balance with my new hardware/bionic left foot.
Using my Smith Machine to keep stretching to get my squat deeper than ever and keeping control. MJR was watching me do my Smith Squat stretches and he had to shoot a video so he could show me how retarded I am LOL OK I think I'm at USAPL depth at this point. He said something about my testicles were touching the floor, now I can't believe that but it was deep

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I wrote a huge post the other night and used the Go Advanced and it blew up the post when I tried to post it pissed me off I'm sure it was some type of user error either way got lots to tell.

Got new Inzer Leviathan Ultra with the adjustable sides, holy shit this is the best squat suit I've ever worn I think it's going to help me produce some solid results.
I still need a new DL suit but DL'ng is the last thing I need to be focused on going big with so it will come.

Signed up for RPS NJ meet 21/22 May I'll be lifting on the 22nd and should be shooting for putting my name in the books for the 45-49 308, it will be my last chance ever since I turn 50 the following month. My goal for the meet is back up over 2K shouldn't be a problem for me want to get my DL back to 700+ shooting for a 550 bench and a 850-900 squat. Could go better we'll see how the next 9 weeks go.

Bench day 2 Mar

Flat BB Bench
135 X 8 X 2
225 X 5 X 1
275 X 3 X 5

Cable Tri Pushdowns
90 X 8 X 5

Bent over BB Rows with close grip pulldown attachment
200 X 6 X 5

Accessory Day

Close grip overhead presses Smith Machine
My Smith isn't normal it's an old school heavy duty machine and the bar and followers are heavy as shit.

25's X 10
45's X 5 X 5

Close grip lat pulldowns

140 X 6 X 5

Fat Football Bar presses close grip

45's X 10
45+25 X 5 X 5

Suited Squats to depth new Leviathan Ultra Straps up no briefs (Mastadon Bar)

155 X 5 X 2 Raw
245 X 3 X 1 Raw
335 X 3 X 1 Suite straps up
425 X 2 X 1 "
515 X 2 X 1 "
605 X 1 X 1 "
695 X 1 X 2 "
Called it good it was a great demonstration of where I am and I'm feeling like I'm in a good place as I set my routine for the run towards 22 May I will be ready and my injuries of the past will not as they never do follow me to the platform I am going to have a blast and love the journey there!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Just so we are clear, no one else can do the shit that you do:
Foam-rolling detached and broken ribs, scaffolding installed in your foot and squatting 7 plates a few months later... Bananas.
Looking forward to the meet prep leading into the NJ comp!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Congrats on the new suit... It's a badass looking suit.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
This is gonna be ****ing awesome

Congrats on the new suit... It's a badass looking suit.

Just so we are clear, no one else can do the shit that you do:
Foam-rolling detached and broken ribs, scaffolding installed in your foot and squatting 7 plates a few months later... Bananas.
Looking forward to the meet prep leading into the NJ comp!

I love you guys you make me want to kill things! This is going to be fun Bench tonight!!! Thanks for the motivation!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic