Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Halo’s old guy comeback journal 2024

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I’m in brother. You still motivate me. Might start posting up some update-type stuff too.
:cool: Hope you do post some updates, I need all the motivation I can get. Small beginnings bro. I have to feel my way through the first month I think I'll start to have a clear path by then. Just the basics for now gotta recover my cardio and I'm going to have to post my diet to force myself to stay on task. Right now I just have to shake this stupid cold or flu or whatever is kicking my ass

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
15 Apr 24

shoulders and arms

15 min sauna at 185

4 sets of weight assisted dead hangs. These were far more difficult than the first ones the other day so I couldn’t hang full weight. I think it’s making a difference

all reps at this time are being done slow and controlled

DB Side raises 4 sets 10 reps 15lbs
DB Front raises 4 sets 10 reps 15lbs
DB shrugs 4 sets 10 reps 90lbs

Flat DB tricep extensions 4 X 10 X 15lbs
Cable tricep pull downs 4 X 10 X 40lbs

Standing DB curls 4 X 10 X 20lbs
Standing ez bar curls 4 X 10 X 45lbs

10 minutes on the elliptical
15 min sauna at 195

lots of rust to come off still

rice and ribeye for dinner last night
Same for 11am breakfast
Chicken thighs and rice at 2:30
Same for dinner and snack tonight

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Wednesday 6am

All sets and reps still being done slow and controlled with pauses at tension

Chest and Back

Close grip cable pull downs 4 X 10 X 100
Wide Grip cable pull downs 4 X 10 X 100
Kroc rows 4 X 10 X 45

Flat Barbell bench 4 X 10 X 135
Incline DB Bench 4 X 10 X 45
Incline DB Flies 4 X 10 X 25 (the crunching and grinding out at the far end of these was disturbing but I am going to attempt to grind that crap away over time)

Dead hangs weight assisted 4 X 45 (still super painful but I'm going to keep going with them)

Sauna 15 minutes at 194 degrees (this shit just takes it out of you)

Planned on doing a long walk but the Sauna crushed me so not happening today.

Food chopped up steak and rice early I will be grilling a tri-tip for dinner with rice

I'm feeling super sore I think it's coming from the controlled reps and being tight for the entire exercise.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Friday 19 Apr

10.6mi walk just under 3 hrs (brutally hot it was really tough trying to recover for a workout)

Legs and Dead Hangs (first leg day in several years because of the bone on bone in the right knee)

Laying hamstring curls 4 X 10 X 80lbs
Seated hamstring curls 4 X 10 X 100lbs
Hack Squat Machine 4 X 10 X 220lbs
Seated Quad Extensions 4 X 10 X 120lbs

Really good to do legs again crawling before walking the R knee joint is not great so we'll see. I ran my first marathon without an ACL so I don't discount anything I'll just keep pushing forward and hopefully the stuff impeding the joint gets crushed up and stops being a problem that way while the stabilizing muscles grow to the point they compensate for the weakness of the joint.

Weight Assisted Dead Hangs 4 X 45 seconds (my shoulder flexibility is making significant improvements)

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Saturday 20 Apr

Chest and Back

Funny note: Yesterday was my first leg workout in a few years. Today I got my workout in and then the wife and I had to drive 3.5 hrs to my great nephew's 1st birthday then 3.5 hrs back home. I didn't feel any stiffness during my workout, however when we got to the party I knew I was in trouble, we just got back to the house I can barely walk LOL it's so gnarly my quads are locking up my gluten are cranked tight so vitamin M and we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Flat DB Press 4 X 10 X 55
Incline DB Press 4 X 10 X 50
Incline DB Flys 4 X 10 X 30 (More heavy crunching on the extension but feeling better)

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs 4 X 10 X 130
Close Grip Lat Pull Downs 4 X 10 X 115
Close Grip Cable Rows 4 X 10 X 115

Had to get this workout in kind of quick so I compressed/nearly eliminated rest between sets had my HR up around 115 the entire workout

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Friday 19 Apr

10.6mi walk just under 3 hrs (brutally hot it was really tough trying to recover for a workout)

Legs and Dead Hangs (first leg day in several years because of the bone on bone in the right knee)

Laying hamstring curls 4 X 10 X 80lbs
Seated hamstring curls 4 X 10 X 100lbs
Hack Squat Machine 4 X 10 X 220lbs
Seated Quad Extensions 4 X 10 X 120lbs

Really good to do legs again crawling before walking the R knee joint is not great so we'll see. I ran my first marathon without an ACL so I don't discount anything I'll just keep pushing forward and hopefully the stuff impeding the joint gets crushed up and stops being a problem that way while the stabilizing muscles grow to the point they compensate for the weakness of the joint.

Weight Assisted Dead Hangs 4 X 45 seconds (my shoulder flexibility is making significant improvements)
Love that walk, I’m also a walking fool. My long walks are usually only 7-8 miles thoigh

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Interesting development starting tomorrow. Some of you may remember JB he and I lived near each other for a few years and both migrated to the board together back in the day. We live close to each other again and he has a gym at his house. He has a far more intense schedule than mine so working out has been tough for him. he's been motivated by my tightening of the screws in my life and he wants to start working out. We'll see how much his schedule can support but tomorrow morning I'll be working out with him and hitting his brutally hot 194 degree sauna. So I may be mentioning him and definitely our workouts in my log. I reserve the ability to hit additional workouts possibly on the same day depending on the work we can get done in the mornings 3 days a week.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Interesting development starting tomorrow. Some of you may remember JB he and I lived near each other for a few years and both migrated to the board together back in the day. We live close to each other again and he has a gym at his house. He has a far more intense schedule than mine so working out has been tough for him. he's been motivated by my tightening of the screws in my life and he wants to start working out. We'll see how much his schedule can support but tomorrow morning I'll be working out with him and hitting his brutally hot 194 degree sauna. So I may be mentioning him and definitely our workouts in my log. I reserve the ability to hit additional workouts possibly on the same day depending on the work we can get done in the mornings 3 days a week.
Right on man , I wish there was a group of meatheads close to me that wanted to get together a few days a week n put in some heavy days but when ya live out in the middle of no where , finding a crew for work outs aint so easy

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Right on man , I wish there was a group of meatheads close to me that wanted to get together a few days a week n put in some heavy days but when ya live out in the middle of no where , finding a crew for work outs aint so easy

Gorgeous country up there. I know what you’re saying. After I left Tampa Barbell which ruined me for anything else. It was the absolute best environment. I dropped 35K and built a killer gym at my house just outside Baltimore. My thought was if I build it they will come. Nope I was wrong some people came and regardless of how we tried to teach them they stayed dangerous and multi ply powerlifting with those folks was extremely dangerous and two guys isn’t really enough.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Monday 22 Apr

Chest Shoulders and Triceps

Flat Bench Press 4 X 10 X 135
Incline DB Press 4 X 10 X 50
Incline DB Flys 4 X 10 X 30

Side and Front DB Raises Superset 4 X 10 X 20

Tricep Rope Cable Extensions 4 X 10 X 30
Ez Curl Bar Skull Crushers 4 X 10 X 45

This was a great workout and JB wants to hit it again tomorrow morning so I'm all over it. All reps and sets slow paused and strict form. We followed the workout with 20 minutes in the sauna at 190 degrees soaked when we finished up.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Love that you are getting JB back in there too, brother! You guys have sacrificed a lot for those you love. I'm glad you are both putting some more time on yourselves now. Let's fucking go homie!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic

, Yano