Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Halo’s old guy comeback journal 2024

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
58yo 275lbs fat boy right now angry about my condition. I’ve been walking a lot 8-20mi a pop1,300mi since Nov 23 been working out at the Purple Barney gym for three months doing full body 5 sets 10 reps just trying to shake the rust off. I hope I can provide some entertainment and inspiration for others advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to come along for the ride.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
58yo 275lbs fat boy right now angry about my condition. I’ve been walking a lot 8-20mi a pop1,300mi since Nov 23 been working out at the Purple Barney gym for three months doing full body 5 sets 10 reps just trying to shake the rust off. I hope I can provide some entertainment and inspiration for others advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to come along for the ride.
Aging sucks. Complacency sucks more. Dissatisfaction can produce resulting anger , which can be the cure.

Looking forward to your comeback, Halo. You won't be the first one here.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Aging sucks. Complacency sucks more. Dissatisfaction can produce resulting anger , which can be the cure.

Looking forward to your comeback, Halo. You won't be the first one here.
I appreciate it brother

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The fact you are walking that far each instance tells me you are not that bad off at 58. Our problems, we compare ourselves against our younger, injury-free, lower-mileage selves. Compare yourself to the person you were 1,300 miles ago, not 20 years ago.

The purple Barney gym. Haha. I cannot help you with that one. Judging by your old numbers in your re-introduction, you may grow out of that gym soon. Even at an advanced age.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
How much pain/discomfort does all your hardware cause? I'm in awe that you're able to accumulate miles like that

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Great to see your log, Halo! I am looking forward to following your progress. Seems like yesterday you and JB were doing the Flood and Destroy program. That was insane! What are your main goals with the new log. I have definitely changed my focus since my powerlifting days. I am still trying to play baseball so my focus is not as focused on strength and 1 RM. Plus, the body does not like the heavy weight anymore. Lastly, glad to see you back on TID!!!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Good to see you back Halo! It's been quite a while. Just think of all the progress you've already made. Keep plugging away.

Is that purple gym the place where they have free pizza? LOL

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
How much pain/discomfort does all your hardware cause? I'm in awe that you're able to accumulate miles like that
I did 800lb dead in the gym but not in competition with the humerus plate and screws. The foot stuff is a different story that happened in 2014 and it hurts

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great to see your log, Halo! I am looking forward to following your progress. Seems like yesterday you and JB were doing the Flood and Destroy program. That was insane! What are your main goals with the new log. I have definitely changed my focus since my powerlifting days. I am still trying to play baseball so my focus is not as focused on strength and 1 RM. Plus, the body does not like the heavy weight anymore. Lastly, glad to see you back on TID!!!
Thanks brother, goals are lean all the way out harden up flexibility for surfing which right now is brutal my core needs rebuilding after the surgery. Then trying to stay away from doctors as much as possible

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Good to see you back Halo! It's been quite a while. Just think of all the progress you've already made. Keep plugging away.

Is that purple gym the place where they have free pizza? LOL
Thanks brother, it is the pizza gym although mine is in a redneck area so I haven’t seen it yet

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great points my brain has the most room for improvement. I hope I can find balance
The fact you are walking that far each instance tells me you are not that bad off at 58. Our problems, we compare ourselves against our younger, injury-free, lower-mileage selves. Compare yourself to the person you were 1,300 miles ago, not 20 years ago.

The purple Barney gym. Haha. I cannot help you with that one. Judging by your old numbers in your re-introduction, you may grow out of that gym soon. Even at an advanced age.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic

Yano