Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Go to greens?

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Although I don't do a lot of green drinks, I thought I'd chime in with my extreme, irrational hatred of raw kale. It is just horrible. Cooked can be OK, I know it's good for you, but if I see anything with raw kale I am not eating it.

As for no greens or veggies....I'm at an age where I need that stuff for keeping my insides flowing appropriately. Howard Stern turned me on to Metamucil crackers....just don't like the sugar, but they certainly work well.

I do love me a good salad, but you have to be careful about what's in it. Easy for calories to add up the more stuff you add to it.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Thanks A1. I do spinach in my shakes but it does impart a freshly mown grass flavor.

My fav is romaine lettuce. I like crunchy greens not spring mixes and such.

Will try that with kale.
Try to lean toward High acid fruits in the smoothy, even add a tsp of apple cider vinegar, it will cut that grassiness

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I use "Amazing Grass" Green's Blend Antioxidant. It has the lowest Iron content* I could find and works well for my wife and I.

* 1mg per serving (about 6% of RDA). Dudes rarely need supplemental iron unless you are anemic. You can't excrete it like the ladies can and we get plenty from other sources.
I absolutely hate vegetables. I'm with Gbagh. Fuck those vegetables. Greens have been on my to-do list as well. The price difference between Amazing Grass and the others is quite large. Plus, their "Detox and Alkalize" version is supposedly good for bloating. For the price, definitely worth a shot. For the others, you better hope you like them or don't have any sensitivities to the ingredients. I also ran into Athletic Greens, which is crazy expensive. My coach mentioned Enso and Athletic Greens but going to try Amazing Grass first.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Already received the Amazing Grass from Amazon. Mild, somewhat pleasant flavor. A little hard to mix but just shook it more.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Green Vibrance is very good, but a little pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
spinach in smoothies... it has virtually no flavor so the other ingredients stand out
This is what I've been doing lately. Blending up some spinach in my smoothies. Depending on what else I add in, I don't really notice the spinach as much. It's there, but not too intense.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Small update. Amazing Grass seemed to constipate me quite a bit. To be fair, I've been on DNP, but when I stopped AG, I unclogged. I then ordered some Opti Reds and Opti Greens from 1st Phorm, and my initial reaction for those is they are pretty fucking tasty. Really pleasant tastes and easy to get down. Won't know about "other" effects until a week or so.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I've never been a big vege eater, but i like green beans, broccoli, and I guess lettuce. I eat green beans the most...usually frozen or canned heated up on the stove. I'll also mix some G. Hughes terriyaki sauce, a little oil, salt and pepper with them and fry them up in a pan. You can also add them to an air fryer as well.

I don't mix anything into my protein drinks...and not a smoothie type of guy. lol.

I tried True Nutrition's green formula, and it was rough to get down. I could do it mixed into my shakes, but I was glad when it was gone, lol!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I've never been a big vege eater, but i like green beans, broccoli, and I guess lettuce. I eat green beans the most...usually frozen or canned heated up on the stove. I'll also mix some G. Hughes terriyaki sauce, a little oil, salt and pepper with them and fry them up in a pan. You can also add them to an air fryer as well.

I don't mix anything into my protein drinks...and not a smoothie type of guy. lol.

I tried True Nutrition's green formula, and it was rough to get down. I could do it mixed into my shakes, but I was glad when it was gone, lol!
Green beans are pretty good for you. Not as nutrient dense as leafy greens but better than not eating vegetable matter at all. Frozen is better than canned for nutrients. I do them with butter, salt and pepper. I got some from the Vitamin Shoppe, it was there brand and it was really good. It had greens but also freeze dried fruit and only 4 grams of carbs and less than 1 of sugar. It tasted descent even by itself.

Last edited:
J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
I take Species Nutrition V-mineralyze.

That is all I take besides food eggs. meat, fish, etc.

I'm cutting now, but I wake up every morning and take 2 capsules of V-Mineralyze and chug a bottle of water.

Then I take two more with my breakfast of 8 eggs.

Then I take two more with my lunch of a pound of chicken.

Then I take two more with my dinner of a pound of beef.

Then I take two more with my pre-bed meal of a pound of fatty fish.

I don't eat any plants anymore. Fuck plants LOL. I don't eat any fiber, no greens, nothing.

How long does that last u tho, i mean 10 per dayyy??

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
How long does that last u tho, i mean 10 per dayyy??

10 a day is the recommended dose for this product. 300 pills per bottle, 30 day supply. anything less you’re most likely not getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals.

most vitamin/mineral supplements are a joke, totally inadequate

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic