Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Fun fact

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
So I found out today that almost everyone I know is overweight to morbidly obese. There are 3 exceptions. My 2 Japanese daughters and one of my students. They are 5'4" 105 , 5'1" 100 and 6'3" 155 these are the only people I know that are considered at their "ideal" body-weight.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Hey @gunslinger , I was thinking about you the other day. Found out another reason why eating same amount of calories with carnivore or keto is different than a diet with a lot of carbs. Our bodies use more energy to digest protien than fats or carbs. So you’re burning more calories to eat the same amount of food resulting in different maintenance calories. Calorie isn’t just a calorie! Lol. Sorry, off topic. But on topic, yeah, I’m Obese too. At 10%bf. Per those BMI charts.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Gun,
Obese here too. 5’6” 188 to 190 most morning. No matter what I do. Still have abs and over 60. Each time I doctor and stand on that scale then see their auto print out. Yep, 30 bmi. I just shake my head.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
The percentage of people at their "ideal" bodyweight over 40 is pretty low. I think the BMI charts are pretty screwed up.

Slic.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I am so Obese that i refuse to step on the scale at the Dr office the motherfuckers made it VERY hard to get life insurance, the other thing is ask what THEY would prescribe and how much of it for whatever malady you have and then tell them no thanks no prescriptions then go get the drugs on the black market as the prescription will fuck you on life insurance as well.
The whole thing is a fucking racket.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Hey @gunslinger , I was thinking about you the other day. Found out another reason why eating same amount of calories with carnivore or keto is different than a diet with a lot of carbs. Our bodies use more energy to digest protien than fats or carbs. So you’re burning more calories to eat the same amount of food resulting in different maintenance calories. Calorie isn’t just a calorie! Lol. Sorry, off topic. But on topic, yeah, I’m Obese too. At 10%bf. Per those BMI charts.
Also hormones. Easy 500 calories of pasta and 750 of protein and fat the 500 of carbs will cause insulin levels to rise. Insulin is an indiscriminate shuttle. Carbs to muscle and liver but also fat to fat cells and liver. With carnivore you do not have that big insulin release and like you said, it takes calories to break down the meat!

I am one of the few people at work who come in with a "healthy" BMI and weight. I am considered skinny by my peers. All good.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I argued this and resisted my doctor(s) advice for 1/2 my life. I have shrunk to just over 5'11 and this morning I am 198lbs. I feel better, sleep better, fuck better and now enjoy cardio.

Sure I look puny when I look in the mirror, until some fat fuck stands next to me curling in the mirror at the gym.

Its smart to set down the ego.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I don’t know if I could go below 220#’s @ 5’9”. I have no idea the last time I was below 200#’s, probably about 30 years ago. I’ll probably be obese for life. SMH.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
all I know is that my IDEAL bodyweight is the amount my wifey allows me to press down on her with... the rest of your opinions don't matter

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I argued this and resisted my doctor(s) advice for 1/2 my life. I have shrunk to just over 5'11 and this morning I am 198lbs. I feel better, sleep better, fuck better and now enjoy cardio.

Sure I look puny when I look in the mirror, until some fat fuck stands next to me curling in the mirror at the gym.

Its smart to set down the ego.
Well, I sure hope u don’t look that puny. Those are roughly my current stats. Lmao!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Too funny. You guys sound like a bunch of workout meat heads complaining that they cant buy clothes that fit. ;)

BMI is just a statistical tool to look at large populations. I agree it is not indicative or easily applied to any one individual. It just does not account for that persons lean mass.
With that said, it still applies to most people. Most people dont look like the people in this thread. Most people dont train. Also, take out AAS out of the equation and there is no man on this earth that will be walking around at 5'9 and 220 with abs. I stay around 10% bf for last few years. 5'9 between 200 and 210. Small by many here, and yes, technically obese. Without AAS I only ever hit 190 at 10% when still natural.

So yes, if you take the 'average' guy or girl then BMI is can apply reasonably well. Complaining about it is kind of silly when I dont think many people here think they represent the 'norm'. On top of that, I know TONS of guys who have trained for years and they are so attached to what they THINK is size which is really just fat. Tons of 'big' guys are totally delusional about the amount of fat they carry....and yes probably really are obese.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Asian women are best if you want your wife to stay young looking into 40s and 50s. They look 30s in their 50s while most Western women turn into mammoth in their 40s if they don't take care of themselves

Reactions: ceo
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic