Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Forearms

Jersey Steel

Jersey Steel

Dec 6, 2011
Forearms is a very important thing for me right now. Bookmarking this Maybe I'll get some results sooner.

Jersey Steel

Jersey Steel

Dec 6, 2011
Right, High Calves I understand that. Never thought was the same for Forearms. At least they are normal hoping they grow with the uppers at same time.

Jersey Steel

Jersey Steel

Dec 6, 2011
Are forearms like calves, should i train them EOD if im having an issue with them.

Bought a wrist roller with a few of those super hard captains of crush grippers, need to get my hand strength extremely high and pack some meat on my forearms.

Miring the arms Bro. Is that natural or what.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
New here...thought I would jump in a thread.

I fall into the does not train forearms camp as well. That said, I have worked with my hands my whole life so my forearms are fairly well developed....or at least in proportion to the rest of my body.

My mass does lie higher up, like IronInsanity, but it is there and I think people can tell my arms are not 'normal' sized.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sounds like you have gotten all you need to train them more intensely. Its a matter of preference. You already know more than most on this thread. Experiment add some work and watch how some of your other exercises also improve. Anyone tells you they don't train theirs , then right there don't listen to any further advice. Train like any other muscle , by need and function I've always done direct forearm work. With all my other workout activities I'd pull something, forearm and grips have helped me in sports , my military training and martial arts. It will bring more blood into the area and increase vascularity when done regular and...... You look cool ;)

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Working hands and grip can and do work forearms, it's part of the quotient

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I have decent forearm developement and am frequently having people comment on them,I do a little different variations of exercises that have worked for me.

goose necks (with wrists bent facing away from you,like your flexing ur forearms)use dumb bells till failure.

pin wheel curls (basically hold a dumbbell in same fashion as a hammer curl but curl from ur side up the front of your body) these pound your forearms

reverse curls
wrist curls

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
for grip strength load 315 on a Olympic bar and just hold it for sets of 30 secs each.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I work them directly, heavy like any other muscle. Lee's forearms didn't get that way without some direct work. Everything mentioned is great, i also like to do some cable variations like reverse curls on the cable setup.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I'm with ketsugo on this one, Kbd. Working with your hands your whole life will not give you the above average forearms you're looking for. I don't know why people in this thread are implying they don't work forearms for this reason. Gotta work them directly just like anything else there is a huge difference between the way we work a muscle in the gym and the way it gets worked if you have a labor intensive job.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic