jacobss
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Two things.

1- Bully Yoga will make you stronger, you know this, but trust me in saying that even on days where you undershoot the RPE, it's making you stronger. I can't wait to run it again after my meets.
2- Find a meet now, and target it as your next one. But don't pick one that's too far out. At least within 6 months. Even if it's a push-pull, or bench-only. It sounds like you're already training with a purpose, but there's something about having a meet in your sights that gives you that little bit of extra incentive to not only put in the work, but also to be smart about putting in the work.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You gunning for an elite total in APF?
To show how ignorant I am regarding this sport, I had to Google that acronym. Still kinda confused as to what AAPF is, how it differs from the APF and how I could achieve a WPF elite total! Even their teenage qualifications are bananas.

I would settle for an SPF elite total honestly. State records in that fed are achievable as well. Other Feds are pretty intimidating and Raw Unity totals would be the apex.

I want 2000 before I die. Crazy? Yes.

I'm excited for you and will be following for sure!

Reasonable goals. Good work ethic. Excellent coach. You will do this.
Thank you. I'll make it worth the follow.

Golden oreos. **** haven't we already established those suck SO much?

And I am uber proud of you. As a fellow lifter with serious eating issues, I know how it is.

I mean sincerely, PM me if you need to vent.
I'm sure these next few months you'll be bothered quite a bit by me... Thank you.

That's a lot of volume! :dbells: I hate training by myself too, it's like you have no one to show off for. I also hate good mornings!

But I love mega stuffed Oreos!
Good mornings used to suck until I truly learned how to do them. I used to just bend at the waist and it was scary/torturous. Now I dump my hips back and shoot them forward. I like how they feel so akin to the top half of squats and deads. Very empowering.

I'll be following along man. Mostly creeping. And I hope you are eating those Oreos with milk :D
Only milk. Fairlife Chocolate Milk actually; because I'm a powerlifter.

Why oreos when you can go for pecan sandies?

Also, illustrator, huh? Have an online portfolio?
I'm an art student so my best has yet to come. Online portfolio was just filled with first year school projects so nothing I'd care to share at the moment. I have a lot to learn.

GTFO with the golden oreos.

Golden Oreos? Get outta here with dat chit. Other than that I am number 1 in your new log. Keep up the great work and keep getting stronger.

Mega stuff normal Oreos for the win.
Fuxk y'all.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

This morning I weighed the lightest since beginning the cut: 292.2 lbs.

That's 23 lbs down with three more lifting days before CarbNite pops off. I'm sure I'll be close to under 290 by middle of next week.

Forgot to mention the "cutting stack" I'm rocking while dieting:
1. ECA 2-3x a day, every 4-5 hours, for two weeks...
Then ECY 2-3x a day, every 4-5 hours, for two weeks...
Repeat.

2. Half a lemon and half a lime squeezed in a glass of cold water with a tablespoon of Stevia every morning.

3. One cup of Bulletproof coffee:
1 k-cup, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 10g vanilla whey isolate, a light pour of unsweetened almond, coconut or almond + coconut milk, a splash of Torani sugar free caramel or vanilla syrup and a tablespoon of stevia.

4. Pre workout shake:
10g whey isolate, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 5g Creatine, water.

5. Post workout shake:
10g whey isolate, 5g Creatine, 5g BCAA 2:1, water.

6. Two caps non-burp Fish Oil and 1000mg Vitamin C with every meal.

7. 10g whey isolate, 5g Creatine and 1 tbsp fiber ten minutes before any meal I eat at home (when I can remember).

I don't count the calories anymore but I did log ALL my food for the first month to make sure my intuition was correct. Turned out it was. I start eating around 11 or 12 and don't stop 'til bed. I eat when I'm hungry or when it's been about 3 hours and if I'm getting sleepy I look for fats to boost my energy levels. I notice the days I've consumed more chicken than beef or pork are my more lethargic days.

Sleep has been great ever since we got moved in. I'm easily in bed by 9 or 10 and wake up routinely at 6 when Wifey cuts everything on to get ready for work. Good shit.

Here's the graphic breakdown of my progress so far:
yCFA5eT.jpg

(@Lizard King I figured it out... Upload to imgur.com and request the bbcode link!)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
To show how ignorant I am regarding this sport, I had to Google that acronym. Still kinda confused as to what AAPF is, how it differs from the APF and how I could achieve a WPF elite total! Even their teenage qualifications are bananas.

I would settle for an SPF elite total honestly. State records in that fed are achievable as well. Other Feds are pretty intimidating and Raw Unity totals would be the apex.

I want 2000 before I die. Crazy? Yes.

Yeah, different fed's have different totals that achieve the "elite" status. Just saying but there's a lot of SPF meets down here.....

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Yeah, different fed's have different totals that achieve the "elite" status. Just saying but there's a lot of SPF meets down here.....
No doubt, in fact I am ranked 311 in elite masters with MAJNCBPC. For those of you rookies who are unfamiliar with the fed, it's Middle Arkansas Junior Nursing College for the Blind Powerlifting Club.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Nice work on the weight loss, @Go Away!
Thank you, Sir! Slowly coming off... haven't been as strict as I'd like but I'm seeing considerable progress.
Will post up pics when I get to the 275 weight class... 20 lbs to go!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
AAPF is the tested version of APF.

AAPF state, AAPF national, and AWPC world records are set by lifters who may or may not be tested.
APF state, APF national, and WPC world records are set by lifters who will not be tested.

You can set/break state and national records at any local or state meet. But you can only set/break world records at a "nationals" or "worlds" meet. I'm going to be lifting at both AAPF Nationals in April and APF Nationals in May, for example.

When I sign up for a local or state meet, I compete in both AAPF and APF because I can set/break records in both feds at the same time in the Open and Submasters divisions.

And in my experience, at least 2-3 AAPF lifters will be "randomly" selected to receive the Golden Cup award at the end of the local or state meet. I was once selected.

And no matter how funny you think it will be, the people taking the urine sample will not find it funny to give them a cup of semen instead. No matter how much you try to convince them that you still can't get over how excited you got after crushing a big deadlift PR.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic