Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
We used to call those Pull to Knee back in my Oly days.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Friday - March 11, 2016
SFB Bully Yoga
Wave 1 // Week 1

Good Mornings
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Iso-Leg Curls
25's x 25
25’s x 15

Squats
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3

w/ Elite FTS wraps
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3

w/ Lilliebridge wraps
445 x 3
485 x 3
485 x 3 @9

Fatigue Drop
440 x 3
440 x 2 @9

Sumo Block Pull
135 x 3
205 x 3
295 x 3
385 x 3
475 x 3 @10 (because of grip)

Bulgarian Split Squat
BW x 7
Quarter plate x 7
Plate x 7 @8 PR
Plate x 7 @9

292.0 lbs

https://youtu.be/szgH2xF6oSg

Fasted heavy training was interesting. So was the Nose Tork! That shit smells like a sauna concentrate and feels like snorting a tablespoon of wasabi. And I was taking itty bitty pulls from it like a virgin smoker... It still lit me up!
This was my first time using ammonia.

Was very cautious with weight choices and was able to get some quality sets in along with some where form broke down awkwardly. Grip wasn't there - with straps I could've kept going up. Good shit.

Never went as high on split squats as I did today and they felt pretty solid. Looking forward to those now; before I loathed every second.

Workout took over two hours but that's because I shot the shit with one of those military dudes. He was asking mad questions and was very interested in getting stronger... Fixed his kettle bell swing technique which carried over to talks about his squat form. Addressed that as well, got him to break at his hips and next thing you know his hamstrings and glutes are pumped up from just the bar and a 20 lbs kettle bell for some reps.

Daddy/Daughter dance tonight; Date night tomorrow: Beers, BBQ, brisket and billiards.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
That booty though.

Good shit ma'dude. Made it look easy.

Please tell me that wasn't Kanye rapping.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
That booty though.

Good shit ma'dude. Made it look easy.

Please tell me that wasn't Kanye rapping.

ASAP Rocky.

I **** with Kanye hard as a bitch.

Not all of it, but "My Dark, Twisted Fantasy" is one of the greatest albums ever. The "Kon the Louis Vitton Don" tape is amazing. College Dropout is classic.

Take away his rapping and he's still an elite producer. If you think about just the beats he made before he started rapping publicly, when he was a Rocafella in-house producer, it's mind-boggling how dope it got.

His label is good money and puts out all types of heat.

He is a weirdo.
Most great artists are weirdos.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Yo. Tons of work.
What is the difference between the wraps you're using?

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Excellent work! That is a lot of squatting.... and the sumo block pulls were pretty damn heavy too! You put any thought into pulling sumo as your main deadlift? Or just throwing a different angle in there?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Nice work brother.

SFB FTW
Thanks TS. I'm crazy sore all over and my confidence is through the roof right now. I think I'm even gonna skip the extra day for a few weeks to aid in recovery because I went hard last week and can feel it. I'm never the type to do that! (You hear that PillarofBalance ??)

Yo. Tons of work.
What is the difference between the wraps you're using?
Thanks. I can feel it today and in a good way: Ass is stupid sore #pause .

Regarding the wraps, just experimenting after hearing DieYoungStrong talk about getting his knees used to having fabric behind them before the top sets. That video of Khudayarov hitting 1113 showed him using more than a few different wraps during his ramp up to the top set and that sparked some conversation. So rather than say, "I want hella pop on this set of 315" it was to get acclimated to the wraps early so the top sets don't feel weird. It worked well - I wasn't searching for the bottom later on like I normally do.

The EliteFTS wraps are a bit stiffer than the Lilliebridge wraps. More of a cast feel and they don't give me as many rotations. Now I don't have any experience with any other wraps so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

The red ones stretch much more. The backs of my knees are bruised from yesterday's session and I did all the wrapping myself.

There's also a price-point difference too. I think I got the black and white ones for $20 on sale because they were entry level quality and I hadn't ever tried wraps before. I got the red ones because, even though I'm in my 30's, I'm a sucker for marketing and was running the Lilliebridge Method at the time. I was also getting sick of having to wrap everyone's knees with one set of wraps.

Excellent work! That is a lot of squatting.... and the sumo block pulls were pretty damn heavy too! You put any thought into pulling sumo as your main deadlift? Or just throwing a different angle in there?

Thanks my dude. Sumo block pulls are part of the programming. I'm sure it's to hit things from different angles, to put emphasis on hip thrust and leg drive and to strengthen the posterior chain.

I pulled sumo for a full training cycle and a peak leading into my first meet because my lower back was a bit tender from working full time in the field. I pulled a really fast 520 as my third attempt two years ago and had one of the Miller brothers from Iron Mafia tell me, "THAT should've been your fuxking opener!"

Once my grip gets back to normal I have a feeling there will be mid-5's on these top triple sets but I haven't given any thought to making that my primary pulling stance. Always nice to have in my back pocket if I tweak my back early in a meet, though. My buddy told me Ed Coan gave him that advice one night while they were out drinking in Germany. Coan said, "If you can't pull sumo you're a woman." <--- BrotherIron

Speaking of elbows back, that kid gets to IPF depth. He could probably be pretty damn good if he dialed in his form. I think he's like 15. I'm through trying to deal with the teenagers in the gym though. One kid still owes me for Girl Scout cookies. Then there's the one who screwed up the meet. I'm 0-2 fuxking with them and my time is limited so he can figure it out on his own or approach me for advice. Too much ego and not enough common sense going around there.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Those 4th days can be used to help with soreness and tightness. It's not a heavy day. Up to you. At some point you want to add them back in.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Those 4th days can be used to help with soreness and tightness. It's not a heavy day. Up to you. At some point you want to add them back in.
Sometimes it just takes someone rewording something to really hear/understand some things. #grammar

In all seriousness though, that sounds good. Flush the muscle, mash the muscle, stretch the muscle.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Killin em with IHOP breakfast, then local lager and Red Lobster cheddar biscuits leading into hickory smoked brisket and double oaked Woodford. #carbnite

290.8 lbs

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
LOL.... I got my quote from Matt Vincent.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic