Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Doing my first show ever at ripe ole age of 36

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Drop to 220 if you want to be a big mother on stage. Drop to 210 if you want a sword. Drop to 199 if you want to win.

I agree you guys have all seen my pics at 225-230 last time I cut to 205 I was purely shredded.
The scale ****s with us, cuz I am not fat at 230 so I have no IDEA but I was the sexiest on the beaches in Maui. ..at the lower bodyweight. LOL

This one willl be an awesome learning experience for you iffy

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Good luck... you've got a lot of muscle mass to work with

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Good luck brother! You thick as ****. It's going to be fun watching the transformation.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Enjoy your first show! Just persevere and get to that stage.

Don't give up!!!

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Very cool you are ready to dice and slice all that mass up for the stage.
I wont kid you it will be much harder then you think. The mind is very
powerful in a good and bad way. Good way is that we are capable of getting
stupid shredded. Bad way because we start to panic "i'm small, I'm losing size, I'm losing lean mass".
The list goes on and on. Trust your coach this time around. Dont let too many advise you or your head will
spin and not know who to trust or believe. If getting to the stage was easy being peeled then we would be seeing alot less asses on the stage as we do now. When you face that curtain on stage you want to be the guy with GLUTES. Not a butt like all the rest. Don't laugh The stage is full of butts and the guys think they are ripped.

You will find all this out during your journey.
Looking forward to reading your blog
Lastly IMO 16 weeks is not a long time. Hit the new meal plan and prep full force. IMO you need to be down
and show ready a few weeks out. See I just chopped your time down to 13 weeks prep.

Enjoy the journey,
GC

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
cutting and timing coming into a contest is probably the most difficult part.
never too soon to practice posing.
best of luck!!!!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Good luck on your show. You've got nice thickness in your pics. Looks like you're giving yourself a good amount of time.

Your first show is a great learning experience. You'll see how your body responds to the diet, and you'll like what you see once you start melting off the bodyfat. Funny thing is that people will start asking you whether you're getting bigger as you're shrinking, as the lean mass just gives the illusion of more size.

Nothing like nice capped delts at sub 8% bodyfat.

It's going to be a great experience!

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
re-subbed. Hit the unsubscribe link by accident.

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for the good words.

Since this his is my first show ever I'm trying to just follow the advice of my coach....he has hardware to prove he knows what he's doing. However you know being on these boards for 15+ years obviously we all read so many opinions. I gotta just make myself follow the process.

Just over 15 weeks out....have lost a little more fat but nothing dramatic. Coach is t nearly as concerned with it as I am. Sitting at 246lbs right now

Back is coming in decent....quads are ok should look good leaned....my chest ****ing sucks just got over a torn rotator cuff so haven't been able to train it hard. Maybe it will look ok for this show after some fat loss and I'll focus on it for the next show. I know I'm nothing like most you guys on here but this is the first time I've seriously trained in probably 7-8 years other than hitting the gym for a few months in the spring and ride it through summer. I was out 8 months and just got back in August 20 last year.

Last edited:
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
that's brave to try competition at your age, although you do look incredible. good luck and i bet you're going to look even bigger and more incredible when you lean out a little.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey IFIWAS, how's the prep coming along?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic