Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Doing my first show ever at ripe ole age of 36

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
Contest prep goes full force after New Years. I will be 16 weeks from my first ever show.....NPC show in April 23. I've never even cut before so we shall see how this goes.

Im currently 5'10" 247.8lbs as of this morning.

Last edited:
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Wtf?
Brother I didn't even know you lifted:confused:
Best of luck with it, you will be just fine lookin great and plenty of time left.

Go get em Iffy:rockon:

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good luck man. You have someone coaching you thru this or taking it up yourself?

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
I don't lift Littleguy I just walk around the gym splash water on me after 30-45 mins and walk out

POB I have a diet coach. Not a trainer per say for workouts he's just handling my food intake and will coach me through posing etc.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Awesome great memories that will last a lifetime. You're a big guy should look great shredded, probably around 225lbs. On stage that will work real well. Enjoy the journey.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I would try to get to the upper limit of Light heavy, u will be surprised how much water your holding.....Its your first show, take it as a learning exp......Win or lose have fun....

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
Yeah I'm with you guys.....I'm no where close to lean enough. Coach says bout the same thing 220-225 on stage.

After this his show if I enjoy the journey I may see about adding another 10 or so lbs of quality mass and doing another. I feel small but I have no idea what/who will be on stage next to me.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Again its your first show, only worry about yourself and how u look on stage.....Usually a shorter guy who can pack on more mass will have an advantage over u.

Yeah I'm with you guys.....I'm no where close to lean enough. Coach says bout the same thing 220-225 on stage.

After this his show if I enjoy the journey I may see about adding another 10 or so lbs of quality mass and doing another. I feel small but I have no idea what/who will be on stage next to me.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Im with Flying Dragon. Get as lean as possible. Sacrifice your ego about what you think your weight will be and get as shredded as possible. The guys who get the leanest win shows and at the NPC level shows, they almost always beat the big guys who picked they're weight. LHW is >176.25 up to just under 199lbs

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
He should try to get right at 199......

Im with Flying Dragon. Get as lean as possible. Sacrifice your ego about what you think your weight will be and get as shredded as possible. The guys who get the leanest win shows and at the NPC level shows, they almost always beat the big guys who picked they're weight. LHW is >176.25 up to just under 199lbs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic