Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Do you do Chest and Shoulders on the same day?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Monday usually consists of chest followed by triceps and then shoulders. This usually means pressing movements for shoulders are lighter or non existent as the triceps are tired from being worked. If I move shoulders to Tuesday of course my triceps are still sore hence he same result. Something is always getting cheated.

How do you break up chest, shoulders and triceps?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i havent done much shoulder work for awhile because they tend to hurt too bad when i do. so i would throw them in with bis and tris at the end of the week and only do a couple exercises. but starting on my new schedule the boss has them on mondays with tris but only 5 sets of OHP and 5 sets of cgb or reverse grip bench for tris. chest isnt until thursday so i have enough recovery. back and bis on tues, off weds, and legs on friday.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Chest and triceps on Wednesday or Thursday, bench first, then tricep work. Monday is standing overhead press, then assistance work for shoulders/upper lats. I don't do much bicep work.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Admin, I do not know how you can function with a workout like that, I tried that once and just about died. I have a new concept for training, 1 body part/day training is intense, and takes no more than an hour. My workout days are below.

Monday = Chest
Tuesday = Back
Wednesday= Shoulders
Thursday = Legs
Friday = Arms

I always warm up for 10 mins on a full body Elliptical, reduces injury, and allows me to train really hard too.

Also, if I feel like being lazy that week, I add in Biceps with back, and Triceps with shoulders.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Mine is exactly like jackd, except I put legs on Friday. Biking to work forces that so I have Saturday off the bike to recover. Sometimes I switch chest and shoulders though for a few weeks to let them get the best of it. Also always end a chest/shoulder workout with a set of triceps and back with a set of biceps.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I think the answers will depend on each individuals goals and lifestyle etc. I train chest just for maintenence and tone- No need for size or power - 30 years of constant training- literally. My chest grows easy and I dont want it to grow Id make it shrink if I can- My shoulders I have struggled with - so they are my priority - I train them first and I train them hard- chest only a few sets of moderate reps with alot of peak contraction.

Same goes for Tris.

My groupings constantly change according to my energy levels and rate of progress but mostly I group
Delts/chest /tris ( at times when I need to slow down I give chest and tris their own day)

Back Bis

QUads

Hams calves

Last edited:
jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I use to do that but I found I had better gains taking shoulders away from chest.

mine is
chest and tri
legs
off
shoulders, speed bench
deads.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Back and chest one day, arms and shoulders another... with focus on shoulders then arms ....

Works for me I cant combine the two without getting serious joint pain

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Chest, Bi's Tri's, abs
Day Off
Shoulders, Legs, abs
Day Off
Back, Bi's Tri's, abs
Day Off

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
My Workout schedule looks like this:

Monday: Chest, Tri's, Shoulder
Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Wednesday: Quads, hamstring, Calves
Thurday: Off
Friday: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
Saturday: Back, Biceps
Sunday : Off

Now I have been doing this routine for 12 years, while the exercises change the basic layout stays the same. The only exercises that do not change is I start with Bench on chest day, shrugs and deadlifts on back day and Squats on leg day. Recovery has never been an issue. Once a week per muscle group doesnt do it for me ....... and trust me Im intense.

So back to the question do you train chest, tri's and shoulders on the same day?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I put mine in between my hamstring workout and my quad workout and keep it seperate from my chest training.

When I was young I got injured doing chest/shoulders and came to the conclusion it was too much on my shoulders at one shot.

ronmetrx

ronmetrx

Oct 24, 2011
"Do you do Chest and Shoulders on the same day? "

Of course, push one day, pull another, 3rd day legs..abs every day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic