What's New?

DNP, best dieting drug?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Also here is some evidence of DNP be muscle sparing:

"

Thanks for sharing that info. Interesting. To each their own for sure...and being a top level competitor is a different world. (one I am sure I cant understand). Tough way to try to make a living.

What I have seen, are the guys who stay closer to their stage weight in the offseason seem to have to go to less extremes. Takes more discipline, but less shock and extremes on the body (and a lot less drugs required in the dieting portion). Again, I understand top level bb'ing is a different world. Only know a few guys at that level, and one pro. They all stay lean year round. I do realize that others do the old massive bulk/cut still. (think Lee Priest style). While it is cool to see guys at that level, I dont think that lifestyle is for me personally. (no judgement on what they do for them).

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Titan, I've never heard a horror story from a DNP user who has run it at a low dose. (for me, low dose is 250mg/day). The stories I've read about were people who took 1000mg or more per day. For a guy my size, the dose considered to be lethal would be 2-5g/day. That's 10-20X the daily dose that I would take. At 250mg/day, I do feel warm and sweat more than I would like, but I suffer no other of the negative sides that people describe. At a low dose, I'm not sure what you would consider unsafe about DNP. Just curiuos to know whether you have any personal experience or have close friends who've had problems with it.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for sharing that info. Interesting. To each their own for sure...and being a top level competitor is a different world. (one I am sure I cant understand). Tough way to try to make a living.

What I have seen, are the guys who stay closer to their stage weight in the offseason seem to have to go to less extremes. Takes more discipline, but less shock and extremes on the body (and a lot less drugs required in the dieting portion). Again, I understand top level bb'ing is a different world. Only know a few guys at that level, and one pro. They all stay lean year round. I do realize that others do the old massive bulk/cut still. (think Lee Priest style). While it is cool to see guys at that level, I dont think that lifestyle is for me personally. (no judgement on what they do for them).

Hey Macgyver, I've seen your pics. Whatever you're doing, DON"T CHANGE IT! it's ain't broke buddy. You look great!

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013

You're welcome.

I really don't know much about bodybuilding. I don't follow it. I just know that like in every other sport, once you reach the elite level you're willing to take more risks to get the edge. I have a friend who competes and recently won his card and he asked me for DNP. He said it's use is not as uncommon as some think, at least in his circles I guess.

I have used dnp and would use it again. I don't recommend it to people but let them make up their own mind on it based on the facts available. I tolerated it very very well when I ran it. It was after my first meet. I wanted to cut some fat before trying to bulk up some more so I can have more muscle mass while staying in the same weight class. It worked very well. Even at the highest dosage I was taking I did not get much in terms of sides. I got the yellow pee and some best waves but felt no impact on my lifting, no lethargy, no headaches, etc.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Titan, I've never heard a horror story from a DNP user who has run it at a low dose. (for me, low dose is 250mg/day). The stories I've read about were people who took 1000mg or more per day. For a guy my size, the dose considered to be lethal would be 2-5g/day. That's 10-20X the daily dose that I would take. At 250mg/day, I do feel warm and sweat more than I would like, but I suffer no other of the negative sides that people describe. At a low dose, I'm not sure what you would consider unsafe about DNP. Just curiuos to know whether you have any personal experience or have close friends who've had problems with it.

Most consider it unsafe bc of the deaths associated with it and finding the right source to accurately dose it. Most of the deaths with DNP use though were due to chronic occupational exposure (which accounts for most of the DNP-related deaths) or accidental overdose. Some people who died from it actually use it for suicide. Taken responsibly, the risk of serious side effects is quite low.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Actually DNP increases metabolic rate by 11% per 100mgs on the average in studies. The issue I have with DNP is that most of the side effects don't necessarily show themselves immediately. Cateracts and vision issues very often show themselves in users years after discontinuation but are 100% linked to DNP.

Firsthand immediate effects can be insomnia, extreme body temp, rash, vision issues, etc.

It is a highly effective ingredient, but the risk imo is not worth it. This was used in TNT, pesticides, etc..They used to give this to the Russians during WW2 to keep them warm. A highly misunderstood product that is not to be taken lightly. 102-105 degree temperatures when taking this are very commonplace.

You need to respect this and Insulin. No room for error. I personally won't recommend it to anyone even though I have seen clients on their own drop 20lbs in a few days on it.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Actually DNP increases metabolic rate by 11% per 100mgs on the average in studies. The issue I have with DNP is that most of the side effects don't necessarily show themselves immediately. Cateracts and vision issues very often show themselves in users years after discontinuation but are 100% linked to DNP.

Firsthand immediate effects can be insomnia, extreme body temp, rash, vision issues, etc.

It is a highly effective ingredient, but the risk imo is not worth it. This was used in TNT, pesticides, etc..They used to give this to the Russians during WW2 to keep them warm. A highly misunderstood product that is not to be taken lightly. 102-105 degree temperatures when taking this are very commonplace.

You need to respect this and Insulin. No room for error. I personally won't recommend it to anyone even though I have seen clients on their own drop 20lbs in a few days on it.

Can you provide any evidence of this in published research? Strong statement (!00% link) just wanted to see if there's any truth in it besides hearsay.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I thought that DNP was pulled from the market in the late 20s or early 30s due to cataracts in a small percentage of women. I haven't heard about common problems with it in general, particularly males. I'd be interested to see some published data as well.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I've yet to try it, but from hearing from other vets, low dose DNP seems to be the key.

I personally like the old ECA combo.
Also phen is good too, stronger than the ephedrine combo.

G

Giants83

Mar 5, 2015
I've yet to try it, but from hearing from other vets, low dose DNP seems to be the key.

I personally like the old ECA combo.
Also phen is good too, stronger than the ephedrine combo.

Low dose worked well for me. I found 50mg caps and ran low dose 100-150 for a longer period of time and made good progress. I've never ran higher so I have nothing to compare it to but if I see results with low dose then why change it. I won't be running it again as a personal decision. I think the dangers of it are real if used irresponsibly but can be used safely. Still I'd rather not take the chance just lose a few extra pounds.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I know some guys that can stay very lean throughout the year. However, many of those guys don't have a passion for food like I do. Rather, for them food is simply fuel. So for them they consider what food is the best fuel for them and then they eat it. When I ask whether they like it, they look at me in a confused way, because to them they don't enjoy food. They simply ingest it. It's a means to an end.

I'm the antithesis of that. Food to me is family, and fun and flavor. I love the smell, the texture and the taste. I like food with alcohol and with my friends. I savor a wonderful meal and love a good dessert. I can't see food as solely fuel. That's almost sacrireligous (sp?) to me. Thus for me, having a diet aid like DNP or phentermine is quite helpful. When I'm dieting I'll pull back on the quantity of the good food I like, and up my cardio a bit to move things in the right direction. Obviously as you further lean out and your body tries to fight back, you have to further manipulate things by making not just the quantity less, but also more clean (e.g., complex carbs vs. simple carbs, or reduced carbs, etc.), and varying the cardio (e.g., a bit more, mixture of aerobic and anaerobic, etc.)

I don't know if I envy the people who view food solely as fuel. They look great, but they also miss out on how wonderful food can be. Just thinking about it makes me want to go downstairs to the diner in my office building and order and turkey Rueben with onion rings! LOL
It's like were the same person. Are we new best friends?

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I've done some major suffering on DNP almost 20 years ago. Dose as high as 600 per day was pure Hell but nothing ever came close to it as far as its results. I would lose 10 lbs in a week and another 10 lbs a week after stopping when the water retention went away. I found it to be very muscle sparing. Given my life the way it is now, I could never even think of trying it, my wife would extremely worried.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic