Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

deadlifts

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
try dropping some of the warm ups to bro...your doing 50reps of warm ups...your back is fried before you even get to the heavy stuff.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You need to focus on working your posterior chain. 505lbs is a solid number but to hit 6 or 6+ everything you do should be utilized to help your deadlift. Do you squat olympic style to help your deadlift? You should. Are you hitting GM's, RDL's, SLDL's, Glute ham raises, Deficit deads, etc into your routine. You should. Are you rotating your assisting movements every so often (i do that every 8 weeks)? You should.

You should be rotating your assisting movements in order to keep making gains but they should all have one thing in common and that is to continue to improve your psoterior chain (calf, hams, glute, and lower back).

You need to train wisely when you want to start pulling more. Also are you utilizing percentages to keep pushing yourself or are you arbitrarily coming up with those numbers to pull when you train? There is a science to pulling and increasing it.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
^^ Lots of good advice from BI here. Everything in your routine should be directly related to improving the big three. BI noted most of the big ones.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
^^ Lots of good advice from BI here. Everything in your routine should be directly related to improving the big three. BI noted most of the big ones.

Thanks. Deads are something I pride myself on. I went from being a mediocre puller to pulling 285kg (627.5lbs) raw. And If I can do it, so can EVERYONE else but you have to train properly if you want a really good pull.

Most people just wing it when they hit the gym and if your goal is strength winging it won't get you far.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic