Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Dead Lift Speed

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I disagree with the above. Warm up your body doing something other then dead lifts. Skipping, box jumps, the defranco agile 8. When you go to dead lift, each rep, including the lighter weight build up sets, should be performed as explosively as possible. Your trying to train your body to be explosive, to recruit as many muscle fibers as possible all at once. Your body should be warm and ready to go before you put your hands on the bar.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-3Khbht5s

Not much to disagree with there.... I'd definitely agree with warming your body up before any heavy movement. But, I still like a slower first few sets for deadlift, because if you deadlift correctly it'll be hard to wedge yourself in to a good starting position with too light of a weight. For me, with tight hamstrings, it takes around 500 raw to be able to sit back in to my hamstrings and load up properly to explode from the floor. Closer to 700 in a suit. It'll be less for smaller guys but the principal is the same. Trying to HeMan light weight off the floor is easy, even with crap form, but it isn't getting your body to fire correctly for heavier sets.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic