Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Currently Drinking

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
If you all ever make your way to Dallas. There is a hidden Brewery Called Manhattan beer project that makes some of the best IPA’s I’ve ever had.

Ummm where in Dallas.

Been to Deep Ellum brewing, Community, Bitter sisters, 3 nations, Martin house, Four corners. But never heard of Manhattan!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I remember when they would not bottle it up and you had to go visit them if you wanted to enjoy a Pliny the Younger. in the upper west coast I could only buy 2 Pliny the Elder and had to order them in advance. everything they make is super nice.
The bottles started from Covid. However, You still have to visit them if you want some bottles. I’m probably done visiting them for a while. Lots of other places to check out across the US. I say we do a bourbon trip.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Ummm where in Dallas.

Been to Deep Ellum brewing, Community, Bitter sisters, 3 nations, Martin house, Four corners. But never heard of Manhattan!
It’s off Yorktown street by the Huge Post office down from Sylvan 30 area. There are two others not far either. Texas Ale Project, and Peticolas brewing Co. 100 million angles singing at Texas Ale Project is top notch along with Particles Collide at Manhattan Beer project.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Cool I got some new ones to visit. I like Texas Ale Project a lot.

Maybe I will uber down there one friday when I am off and sample brews all afternoon.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Opened a 26yo scotch last night, holy shit is all I can say!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've had the Macallan 25 Sherry Oak a couple of times , soooo good but just stupid expensive.
Honestly, Macallan is over rated and the price point is stupid.
I have the Glenlivit 25 and it's 100times better imo.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Is that something that would taste good in a bushwhacker?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Last night was Don Julio blanco, Patron Silver.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Honestly, Macallan is over rated and the price point is stupid.
I have the Glenlivit 25 and it's 100times better imo.
I think both are over rated. I do not get 15 year plus scotches. You loose all flavor from fermentation and gain only more cask flavor and the biggest, you loose the bite which is one of my fav things about scotch.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I think both are over rated. I do not get 15 year plus scotches. You loose all flavor from fermentation and gain only more cask flavor and the biggest, you loose the bite which is one of my fav things about scotch.
Cask strength scotch doesn't lose any flavor. Watered down to 80 proof does.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic