Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Cowboys PL Journey

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Ok I said I would start a log here, so here goes.

48yrs old this year, and have been powerlifting probably about 3yrs or so now. Was a fat fuck at one point but been lifting again for about 7yrs again. Natty up until about 4 or 5 yrs ago. Naturopath doc put me on HCG and Ralox as my test was low. Found this too expensive so switched to UGL test. I blast and cruise now. Cruise at 200mg a week, biggest blast was last meet prep, 700mg test, Halo, Drol, Var, Provi, and tore a hamstring 4 weeks out from meet, so numbers were not great, especially considering all the gear I ran.

Current BW 214, I competed last year at 242 but cutting to 180 then a bulk to 198 where I will stay and compete at going forward.

Currently was just cruising at 200mg per week but yesterday bumped up to 300, next week will be the same as plan to add some Tren A I have sitting here for recomp effect. Plan for May is a 5 week mini blast, Tren A 30mg ED with 50mg Test ED plus I have been running GH at 4iu split 2x a day since Feb.

Best lifts,
Meet
Squat 275
Bench 265 got 285 but red lights for sinking the bar
Deadlift 501

Gym
Squat 405
Bench 285x2
Deadlift 500

Equipped/Overload in gym
Squat wrapped 415
Bench SS 335
Deadlift Chains 535

I built my own gym at home set up for PL. Have access to the firehall gym for accessories and other hypertrophy stuff.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Been a rough last couple weeks, work, FD, a kid in hospital so finally got back to routine in the gym yesterday.

Note I also do cardio 2 times a day 30 min fasted and 30 mins again after supper.

I have a modified 531 I put together to go a little easier while cutting. I am contemplating re running my last 13 week prep but a little looser at some point.

Comp Squat 70%
135x8
185x5
225x5
250x5x5

3 count paused bench
135x8
160x5
185x5
200x3x5

DB Rows
40x15
55x15
65x10
80x10

Nordic Hamstring curl
3x8

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Big difference in your meet Sqt vs your other Sqts as described in Post #1 ... is that just because of elapsed time or something else?

Log looks good so far. Me and many others here see 48yo as 48 years young, dammit ... lot more guys here than on some boards who will "feel ya" as to how job and family issues can disrupt perfectly planned training schedules.
You're in good company now, keep fighting the good fight, and keep sharing it with us.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Big difference in your meet Sqt vs your other Sqts as described in Post #1 ... is that just because of elapsed time or something else?

Log looks good so far. Me and many others here see 48yo as 48 years young, dammit ... lot more guys here than on some boards who will "feel ya" as to how job and family issues can disrupt perfectly planned training schedules.
You're in good company now, keep fighting the good fight, and keep sharing it with us.
No meet squat was light as I was squatting with a torn hamstring. I was contemplating switching to push pull only and then said fuck it letsnget a token squat warm ups felt ok so went as high as I felt comfortable with the hammy and lived with it. Not the performance I wanted at the meet but what can ya do.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
No meet squat was light as I was squatting with a torn hamstring. I was contemplating switching to push pull only and then said fuck it letsnget a token squat warm ups felt ok so went as high as I felt comfortable with the hammy and lived with it. Not the performance I wanted at the meet but what can ya do.
Ya can do what you did do, or even less. You still pulled a big DL with a suspect hamstring. I wanna slap the shit outta myself for saying this ... but "it's a marathon, not a sprint." Think where you wanna be in a year, 2, 3, whatever years ... vs where you might be if you push too hard, too soon.

My fee for unsolicited coaching may be worth a nice round number ........... 0 :)

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Ya can do what you did do, or even less. You still pulled a big DL with a suspect hamstring. I wanna slap the shit outta myself for saying this ... but "it's a marathon, not a sprint." Think where you wanna be in a year, 2, 3, whatever years ... vs where you might be if you push too hard, too soon.

My fee for unsolicited coaching may be worth a nice round number ........... 0 :)
Much appreciated, my PT was against both DL and Squat. I skipped all squats up until last week then tried them out. DLs I kept at and PT finally caved on them. 2 days out we did IMS on the hammy and seemed to be successful so went for the squat. I only pushed because I prepped 2x last year and thanks to Covid only did 1 meet, so 26 weeks prep couldnt let it go to waste. A 1050 total which sucks was better than under 800. Bench I feel I peaked too early should have been able to get the 300. Next year once done with this cut I plan to throw up some PR numbers on the platform and maybe a couple records for masters in Canada.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
152.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Ouch. Is that photo from the time of the "4 weeks out" injury you mention in your op? My uneducated self wonders why the bruising is in 2 clearly separated areas, but that's why I'm not licensed to practice Medicine.
How long since then, any still visible bruising today?

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Ouch. Is that photo from the time of the "4 weeks out" injury you mention in your op? My uneducated self wonders why the bruising is in 2 clearly separated areas, but that's why I'm not licensed to practice Medicine.
Yes exactly when I tore it, PT said hamstring and gricillis muscle as well

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Just re reading your post and realize I only answered your first question. So meet was end of November and I took it easy for December and then started cutting in January. No bruising or pain even into December. I have been keeping squats slightly lighter and trying to get the hamstrings more often. I think I hit 335 on a squat last month with no issues. Just keeping it on the lower end and letting it catch up over this year

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dang. I had a slight tear in my left hamstring in February. I felt it pop twice doing standing hamstring curls doing a ridiculous amount of weight, but if it doesn't scare you a little it is not heavy enough. Dumbass me, dropped 25 lbs and tried to get some more reps. Nope! That crap hurt. I lucked out though, it wasn't too bad. I was back to heavy pulls and legs the next week. Still a little tentative around hamstring curls though. I can definitely feel it when trying to curl the leg.

Look forward to reading the log. My only concern, honestly, 4 iu a day of GH is really high for me. I do not go higher than 2 iu and most of the time it is just 1 or 1.5 iu. I also will not run it every day, so as not to mess up my insulin sensitivity.

I hope the kid is alright.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Comp Bench 70%
135x8
165x5
185x5
200x5x5

JM Press
45x15