Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Could someone tell me......

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I have completly given up trying to understand the workouts/exercises/diets/training philosiphies of the guys i work with and their retarded counterparts at the gym on base. These dumbasses sit around acting out and regurgitating everything they see/read from the latest Muscletech Magazine.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
i am a bit closed minded when it comes to certain things. my dad was all about efficiency of movement meaning that one did not waste energy on something that was not directly related to what one was doing. if you picked up a haybale you better be in the position to move it to where it needed to go without setting it down again and having to pick it back up. every movement had to have a reason for it and a good reason. so i look at these youngsters that are about 18% bodyfat and about every lift they do is poor form and too much weight and they dont even look like they lift and i wonder why they are wasting time on an exercise like that instead of concentrating on building some muscle first so that they have a reason to need more core strength. does that make sense? certainly if one is competing in bb they probably like exercises that are different and work things differently so they can improve their overall look but if you are just starting out, to me all these variations are the last thing one should be doing. when your dead is high enough or your are squating enough to need the stronger core or to better your stabilization then by all means, if that is your thing, go for it. but if you are only doing a 4" squat and have never tried to deadlift, you are wasting precious energy IMO. get some mass and strength first and then work on refining.

You do realize you just changed your argument from "Why do this exercise" to "It's stupid for kids to do it." With that being said, let's stick to one debate topic at a time. Probably not the best exercise for that group of people (the ones that are under-developed), but a valid exercise nonetheless, which is the point I was trying to make.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Its just easier than deadlifts or squats, and they can look like they are doing something smart when in fact the are accomplishing nothing and acting clueless all at the same time.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I'd still argue energy expenditure and muscle fiber/motor unit recruitment vs a conventional press.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
You do realize you just changed your argument from "Why do this exercise" to "It's stupid for kids to do it." With that being said, let's stick to one debate topic at a time. Probably not the best exercise for that group of people (the ones that are under-developed), but a valid exercise nonetheless, which is the point I was trying to make.

i still think it is retarded and will never do it but there are others who obviously see a use for it. so even though i am closed minded, i am not ignorant and dont like to quarrel over something that has no real influence or necessity in my world :D i still dont see the validity but if you do than im not going to debate about it with you :D have to save my mental sparring for worthwhile topics.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i have used unilateral presses. not in the heavier weight range but more geared towards mass building. i could simply go from pressing with one to the other then back with limited rest.

but i didnt stick with them long.

as for the holding one in the air while pressing the other one i have seen this as well. there were a couple of guys that liked to do these back in VA and every time they finished they would complain about elbow or shoulder pain..... i guess they didnt get the memo about maybe keeping a slight bend to the elbow to keep the weight on the muscles and not the joints!

letigre

letigre

Sep 24, 2011
while it may look like a ghey excercise... it is not nearly as gay as benching on a smith machine ;)

LOL... exactly.

I am NASM certified, but don't necessarily preach NASM.. and this is a textbook NASM exercise, lol. Stabilzation,balance, isometric contraction, yada yada.

I tried it once, I just don't see the point or how you could fit it into a program where there wasnt another, better exercise that would get you more bang for your buck.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Actually if he broke down his chess by lifting like a dum ass ..he got something out the lame exercize...dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic