jacobss
What's New?

Comments Co Workers make that Piss you off

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Alright, so lets compile a list of comments people make to you at work that are just Pure ASS comments that just piss you off.

I get this one all the time, I get an email, and then gee I don't know, 20 mins later, I get the below.

"Where are we at on this? Is it done yet".
(My response to CS : We are still waiting on the information you are to provide us from this customer!)

This email was today.

"Can you respond to this customer and troubleshoot their problem"?

(I read there email : My response to customer, can you please describe your problem you are having?)

Wait MY ESP has stopped working, you'll actually have to use words for me to help you.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Is that what pisses you off JackD..? that's nothing...

Try this ..

oh , going on holiday to Thailand again .. to **** little boys ... :) {big smile}

Its amazing what people like to say to each other, under the protection of being in their place of employment...

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Is that what pisses you off JackD..? that's nothing...

Try this ..

oh , going on holiday to Thailand again .. to **** little boys ... :) {big smile}

Its amazing what people like to say to each other, under the protection of being in their place of employment...

Wow that was really unsettling to read

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Here are my two:
1) "Are you busy?" ... (most loaded work-office question of all time)
2) "I need this [whatever task to be done]" ... (with no mention of how soon, or when it needs to be done by)

Here are generally my replies:
1) Yes I am (even when I'm not). But I may have a little bit of time to assist you with something. What do you need?
2) I have 10 things on my list of things to be done, can this be number 11 on my list, or does it need to be bumped up to number 7 on my list?

*Pro Tip: Never ask a co-worker 'when do you need it done?' It's like asking a toddler at a restaurant what they want to eat? Just give the co-worker (toddler) choices. ;)

* - only for co-workers (not managers)

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Poor JD......

th

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
My answer to this is always 1) "Are you busy?" ... "Nope... just sitting here waiting on YOU to ask me for something!"
Here are my two:1) "Are you busy?" ... (most loaded work-office question of all time)2) "I need this [whatever task to be done]" ... (with no mention of how soon, or when it needs to be done by)Here are generally my replies:1) Yes I am (even when I'm not). But I may have a little bit of time to assist you with something. What do you need?2) I have 10 things on my list of things to be done, can this be number 11 on my list, or does it need to be bumped up to number 7 on my list?*Pro Tip: Never ask a co-worker 'when do you need it done?' It's like asking a toddler at a restaurant what they want to eat? Just give the co-worker (toddler) choices. ;)* - only for co-workers (not managers)

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
MikeRN needs to chime in. You guys don't know how good you got it.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I hate when I'm dealing with the guy/girl who just loves corporate clichés...

"we need to think out of the box on this!"
"this will really provide us synergy!"

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I hate when the women keep saying, "Get off my desk and put your pants back on!"

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I hate when I'm dealing with the guy/girl who just loves corporate clichés...

"we need to think out of the box on this!"
"this will really provide us synergy!"
Yup, my company is getting into this craze as well. And relatedly, is adopting euphemisms/alternative terminology for various things. We recently had a company memo that offered us new terms/phrases to use, as well as some changes to job titles.

Sales Reps are now called "Account Managers"
Installers are now called "Systems Techs"
Customers are now called "Clients"
Cold Calls are now called "Prospecting"
,etc.

My job title had a change. It use to be Sales Coordinator/Inside Sales, but my manager recently settled on "Inside Account Support" .. which kind of felt like a downgrade of sorts. Maybe I should double-check my paystub just in case it was, lol.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I grow tired of not being able to communicate as openly as you can. For example: instead of telling a person something now..you have to "share" with that person. Or...you can't give a compliment without it possibly being mistaken as harassment. You can't smile at anyone, look their direction. sneeze cough or tell an off colored joke if you're within ear shot without fear of offending someone. The work place has become so wishy washy it's hard to tell what you can or can't do or say.

Worse yet..having a boss who doesn't understand exactly what your responsibilities are and constantly setting you up for failure by their perception how to make your life easier..when they have no clue how to do your job anyway!

I do not like this whole PC or touchy feel good way to conduct business. Say what's on your mind and get it done. If there's a problem fix it. Don't try to over analyze it and then hope it corrects itself. Geez! Oh..wait...things that p*ss me off! When you know you can do a better job and are not allowed to do it! It appears that mediocrity is condoned and supported now! Almost like the movie..Idiocracy! A lot of people are lazy and do not care to do their best..just skate by.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm a mechanic. Here are a few of my favorite service write-ups.

1) Noise while driving. (Figures.. I was staring at your car parked in the lot and it didnt make a peep. I was ready to give it back to you.)

2) Check brakes. (okay I took the wheels of and you definitely have brakes on this car. Are we done?)

3) It made a clunk a few weeks ago. Just once. What was that? (That was actually the sound of your brain hitting the floor.)

4) Car runs rough. Customer knows the check engine light is on and does not want it diagnosed. (And for my next trick, I'll be changing your timing belt while Im blind folded.)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic