Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Collin Kaepernick 110$ million 7 yr contract

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
He hasnt done anything to warrant a $110M contract. Just like Joe Flacco. Wins a superbowl, demands all this money, they pay him, and what did he do the following year? Mediocre season..what 19TDs and 22Interceptions? What a joke.. Did they even make the playoffs?

That was stupid. This is different IMO

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Of the 61mil the guarantee is a bit fuzzy. Basically it breaks down with season salairies as follows
12.4, 13.9, 16.5 for 15, 16 and 17. They do not become guaranteed until april first of of those years. He could be cut ajd not recieve much of that 61 mil at all. Unlikely.but it isnt as guaranteed as they would have you believe. It really is a bad contract. His agent should be shoved in a ****ing garbage can

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Of the 61mil the guarantee is a bit fuzzy. Basically it breaks down with season salairies as follows
12.4, 13.9, 16.5 for 15, 16 and 17. They do not become guaranteed until april first of of those years. He could be cut ajd not recieve much of that 61 mil at all. Unlikely.but it isnt as guaranteed as they would have you believe. It really is a bad contract. His agent should be shoved in a ****ing garbage can

I think it's Kap betting on himself which could be trouble but hey, he still will make at least 13 mil a year! Can't say no to that

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
He will mae 13 mil this year. Unknown af5er that. April 1st next yeat he gets more etc.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I know it drives me nuts too. Im on my phone and if I go to fast I smash a ton of buttons with my shrek thumbs

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
it was definitely a good move on their part to lock him in, and from what i understand there's also some form of injury protection for the team correct? with his style of play an injury is all but inevitable. a lotta that money is incentive based too.
i'm not saying he's not worth it, but i am saying they may have jumped the gun to give him that big of a contract this early in his career. yes, he has accomplished a lot this early, but he already had a team around him and fell into a great roster when Smith got hurt. it's not like a (as much as i hate to say it) Tom Brady that accomplished all this with mediocre or no-name players surrounding him. and its not as if that team was built around him.
i'd be more concerned about how much money that will consume in cap space when they wanna sign new players or resign other players 3-5 years from now

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yep and there are performance clauses like making the playoffs, being named at least All Pro 2nd string. He doesn't have anything truly guarunteed. This is a bet Kap put on himself, could be a great motivator for him

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Yep and there are performance clauses like making the playoffs, being named at least All Pro 2nd string. He doesn't have anything truly guarunteed. This is a bet Kap put on himself, could be a great motivator for him
yea the more i learn about the contract, the more it sounds like he has to perform exceptionally well to get paid. or at least above average...

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Damn - now allow me to throw this out there as I am not a fan of CK - yeah he can hurl, but just look around him- he got one of the best supporting cast. Could he hold his own say with all rookie recievers , average line? Imagine tom Brady or manning on the niners?? Never mind your personal feelings just imagine

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
This "guy who doesn't deserve it" has done more in 2 years than some quarterbacks do their whole careers. I'd lock him up for life. I think it's a great move for the 49ers and I'm a big 49ers fan.

Really? What has he done to warrant that kinda money in 2 years of playing? He barely threw for 3000 yards and had 21TDs last year, and the year before he played in 13 games and didnt even make 2000 yards passing and 10TDs. What quarterbacks are you referring to, just curious..

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Damn - now allow me to throw this out there as I am not a fan of CK - yeah he can hurl, but just look around him- he got one of the best supporting cast. Could he hold his own say with all rookie recievers , average line? Imagine tom Brady or manning on the niners?? Never mind your personal feelings just imagine

Yep, there is no excuse for Kaep not to perform. Has all the weapons.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic