Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Chris's Log - A 123er going for 1100 total at 2015 Arnold

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Thanks Daniel, I have a list that's provisional. It consists of my openers, second lift attempts, and two sets of third lift attempts depending on how I'm feeling, how the lifts are being judged, and that sort of thing. But as I go through this peaking part of the program, the numbers have gone up and down a few times. I'll definitely have them settled by the end of next week. As of right now, my openers would probably be 335 or 340 squat, 175 bench, and 430 deadlift. I think those are probably set in stone.

What can I say, I'm a puller ... not a presser! :p

Sounds like a solid start.

It's those long arms of yours that help make you such a fantastic puller and hinder you a bit on the bench. But none of it would be without the hard work and dedication you put into being able to compete at such a high level. I am sure I will say it again as we get closer, but definitely supporting you for a fantastic day of lifting at the competition!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Great vid and workout!!! The Arnold is going to be great!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Ugh!!!

PEAKING

3 weeks til the Arnold
Bodyweight is still holding at 124-125 lbs.

Deadlifts: (4 sets of doubles)
..427x2 (smooth, easy, wished I'd video'd it)
..447x0 (crash and burn! F**k! Houston we have a problem. Didn't even watch the video - just deleted it)
..402x2 (restore confidence set, smoked it)
..427x2 (relatively smooth, but technique was off ... hips/butt started coming up early)
Assistance Work: DB Rows, Pull-Ups, GHRs, Conditioning

NOTES: No videos worth posting ... tonight was the type of training session you just get through, and then you try to forget it, and then come back next week more determined.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I'm going to just clear my head for a few days, and then try to come back strong for my last week of high intensity training. It'll be 2-3 sets of singles (squats on Sunday, bench on Tuesday, deadlifts on Thursday or Friday).

Last edited:

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Enjoy the rest and get ready for next wk! Those are some damn big pulls Chris way to grind it out!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
What a huge lift!!! Killing it and ready!!!

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Ugh!!!

PEAKING

3 weeks til the Arnold
Bodyweight is still holding at 124-125 lbs.

Deadlifts: (4 sets of doubles)
..427x2 (smooth, easy, wished I'd video'd it)
..447x0 (crash and burn! F**k! Houston we have a problem. Didn't even watch the video - just deleted it)
..402x2 (restore confidence set, smoked it)
..427x2 (relatively smooth, but technique was off ... hips/butt started coming up early)
Assistance Work: DB Rows, Pull-Ups, GHRs, Conditioning

NOTES: No videos worth posting ... tonight was the type of training session you just get through, and then you try to forget it, and then come back next week more determined.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I'm going to just clear my head for a few days, and then try to come back strong for my last week of high intensity training. It'll be 2-3 sets of singles (squats on Sunday, bench on Tuesday, deadlifts on Thursday or Friday).

Chris take the time bro!!!
Calmly,without stress ,because it is the worst thing you can do.
Everything will be OK,PERFECT,SUPER-ON THIS WAY YOU HAVE TO WALKING
Everybody have bad or worse lift day
Clear your mind-full reset !!!!!AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF-YOU ARE A GREAT POWER LIFTER AND NO ONE AND NOTHING CAN THIS CHANGE !!!! !!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
2 Weeks til the competition - finishing up my Peaking Program

Bodyweight is holding at 124-125lbs.

THIS WEEK'S TRAINING LOG (This week was 2-3 working sets of singles of increasing intensity to a weight that'll likely be just below my second lift attempt)

..Squat Sunday:
Worked up to a 375 (awesome!) I wish I had video of it, but you'll have to take my word that I didn't have any problem with it. The weight felt heavy, but I managed to come out of the hole just fine.

..Bench Tuesday:
Worked up to 182.5 (meh)

..Deadlift Thursday:
Worked up to a 442.5 pull (this went up relatively smoothly, and I didn't have the uneven bar level like before, so I'll take this as a big positive because it looks like my right arm is recovering)

Next week's plan
Sunday: Squat - work up to opener (1 set); light ham/glute accessory work
Tuesday: Bench - work up to opener (2 sets); triceps and shoulder accessory work
Thursday: Deadlift - work up to my last warm-up (1 set); light upper back accessory work
Friday: Abs and Lower Back accessory work

Last edited by a moderator:
D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Great plan and expecting you will have a great competition! Lois like you had a solid week, Chris, and are ready to go. Good luck!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Wow!!!! Things are looking powerful!!! You are really ready Chris. If you can PM your compete times.

Good job brother!!!!

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Great stuff here, I'm a bit late to your party but looking strong.

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Chris great work!!!
You train wisely-your plan looks very good!!!
Personally, I believe in you friend!!! I keep my fingers crossed -GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic