Oct 14, 2012
Hope you have fun CL!!

You've been working really hard man!!

:)

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Well the meet didn't really go all that well for me, I'm afraid. And if I had to come up with the reason why, it'd be that I just flat out choked. No excuses. I felt strong going in, but I didn't have that mental edge that I had come to rely on at past meets and throughout training.

It's disappointing, but I'm grateful for having had the chance to do this experience, and have been in the company of lifters who are incredibly dedicated to this sport.

And your support and encouragement was pretty awesome both during the training and at the meet. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with any of you, but I'm sure there will be opportunities in the future.

I ended up with one PR ... 380 squat (went 2/3 on squat, my miss was 375 on 2nd attempt). I went for 1/3 on bench (175 opener) and 1/3 on deadlift (420). I totaled less than my last meet at 975. But 1000# is going to be broken soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placebro

Placebro

Nov 3, 2014
If you aint failling you aint trying. Congrats on the Squat PR, this is just a stumbling block. I have no doubt you will be breaking PRs at the platform real soon

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Christ the first-congratulation with your squat PR!!!!!
Brother for me you are one of the best!!!!!
This experience you needed too,of course you have the right to be disappointed,but it come because you always expecting more from yourself-you NOT DISAPPOINTED IN ME BRO!!!!
YOU DID HUGE WORK ON THE TRAINING!!!
Supporting you it's been a pleasure!!!!!
Greetings from my wife-""""small man with huge heart for training-for me you are also the best""""-Wioletta

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Chris, the environment you were competing in is probably one of the most intense you will encounter. The best of the best are there and you definitely qualify. The next time you will be more comfortable, you will know what is going on, you will know what to expect and you will hit 3 PR's. Nothing to be disappointed in. It was a totally new and unknown experience and that is enough to make any one anxious.

Well done, Brother, on competing on such a big stage. One small man to another, I have always been and will continue to be super impressed with what you do!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Congratulations Chris!!! Count your successes!!!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
You showed up and pounder some plates with great competitors, that's a huge success! Onward and upward, we're all here to support you brother! Congratulations!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Chris great job ! The mental stress of s show like that can really affect everything.
Regroup and aim for your goals.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome work dude!!

What federation did you compete under? I tried to watch the live stream, but was unsuccessful.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Hey Chris, the fact that you even made it to the Arnold says a lot. 95% of us never even get there.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Nice fekkin' work, Chris! That's big time, bro. Congrats.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic