Threads
Members
Latest Member
BigFlexRex
What's New?

Chris's Log - A 123er going for 1100 total at 2015 Arnold

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Columbus is already abuzz over the arnie, just visited family there over the weekend. My brother in law asked me to come stay that wkend and go with him so I hope to catch you lift!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
PEAKING
3 weeks til the Arnold
Bodyweight is holding at 125 lbs.

This week is working up to heavy doubles

Squats
..345x2
..365x2 (video) *just a smidge under 3xBW :D*
..315x2
..315x2
Assistance Work: Barbell Glute Bridges (300x8 video), Good Mornings, Conditioning

On my squat video, the second rep looks worse than it felt. I mean, bar path issues aside, what happened is that I lost a just a tiny bit of my upper body tightness, particularly on my left side; but I was able to complete both reps on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
What in the hell?!!!
These numbers are phenomenal my dude. I'd love to have you in my gym to show all the "I can't" littler guys that it's indeed possible to be stupid strong.
Thanks GA. That'd be cool. I do enjoy surprising people with my squat and deadlift heh.

But in truth, I follow some folks on Instagram that are in my weight class, and my numbers aren't all that great as compared to them. There's some strong 123 and 132ers in the Junior division that definitely out-bench me, and have comparable squats. I may have a slight edge on deadlift. But once they get into the Open division, they're going to crush the weight I'm moving.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
PEAKING
3 weeks til the Arnold
Bodyweight is holding at 125 lbs.

This week is working up to heavy doubles

Squats
..345x2
..365x2 (video) *just a smidge under 3xBW :D*
..315x2
..315x2
Assistance Work: Barbell Glute Bridges (300x8 video), Good Mornings, Conditioning

On my squat video, the second rep looks worse than it felt. I mean, bar path issues aside, what happened is that I lost a just a tiny bit of my upper body tightness, particularly on my left side; but I was able to complete both reps on my own.

Love the Glute Bridges!!! BrotherIron intorduced me to those. I really like them!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Intense squatting, love it! You just fired me up enough to get at it! been a rough few days, thanks for the vid!!!

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Chris really good squat!!!-yeah this second reps was a bit difficult but it doesn't matter-total efect-great!!!
GB-you took a heavy "girl"on your hips:):)

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Really nice on the squats, Chris! Have you come up with your weights for the competition yet?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Really nice on the squats, Chris! Have you come up with your weights for the competition yet?

Thanks Daniel, I have a list that's provisional. It consists of my openers, second lift attempts, and two sets of third lift attempts depending on how I'm feeling, how the lifts are being judged, and that sort of thing. But as I go through this peaking part of the program, the numbers have gone up and down a few times. I'll definitely have them settled by the end of next week. As of right now, my openers would probably be 335 or 340 squat, 175 bench, and 430 deadlift. I think those are probably set in stone.

PEAKING
3 weeks til the Arnold
Bodyweight is still holding at 125 lbs. (I even upped my calories a bit, mostly bed-time protein)

Bench Press (with competition type pause)
167.5x2
172.5x2
172.5x2 (vid)
162.5x2

Assistance Work: CG Bench, Chest Press Machines, DB Kickbacks, Abs

I was hoping to get 175-177.5 for 2 last night, and I think I have that in me under most circumstances. But my second rep on all of my sets were off. I was losing a little bit of lat/delt whenever I go for an additional rep. After my competitions in March, I'm going to start benching three times a week. I know my technique is improving, so I just really need to put in the reps to start seeing some progress.

What can I say, I'm a puller ... not a presser! :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic