Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Chest won't grow

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
With all the advice above, I will just add an old Arnold tidbit..work the structure of your chest with cross bench dumbbell pullovers. Try this superset, after every set of benches add a set of pullovers, 5 sets of each( Arnold recommended) and I myself loved pullovers but really didn't like supersetting when trying to build so I would complete my chest workout with 5 straight sets of pullovers for 8-12 reps.

Last edited:
M

macflow

Jan 14, 2014
Here's the current workout all heavy for an 8 rep max:
Flat bench press 4x8
Incline bench press 4x8
Decline bench press 4x8
Pullovers 4x10
Dips

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
If you are a beginner, that could be overkill,like the brothers demanded, give us some stats!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Here's the current workout all heavy for an 8 rep max:
Flat bench press 4x8
Incline bench press 4x8
Decline bench press 4x8
Pullovers 4x10
Dips

All barbell?

M

Mrloseit

Sep 11, 2014
Here a few tips to help you gain that bigger chest.

There's no need to do dips and presses in the same workout. Just pick 1 and do 4-to-6 sets of 4-to-12 reps using a weight heavy enough to only allow you to do 4-to-12 reps.

If you want to do a variety of dips and presses in your chest workout then limit your workout to a total of 4-to-8 sets so for example…
You can do 3 sets of dips & 3 sets of bench presses or…
You can do 2 sets each of Incline, Flat & Decline Bench presses.

You only need to work out your chest 1-to-2 days per week for a bigger chest.
As your chest gets much bigger & stronger you may have to work out your chest less than once a week but if you're a pure beginner that's weak who's never done a lot of chest training…

You may be able to get away with training your chest up to 3 days a week while still progressively getting stronger each chest workout by using heavier weights, doing more reps and/or sets.

Save chest flyes for the beginning or end of your chest workout
You can pre-exhaust your chest muscles with chest flyes before dips and presses for a better chest workout or…
You can do flyes at the end of your chest workout to further tone & define your chest.

Keep a training log so you can keep track of how much weight, sets & reps you're doing so you can keep beating your last workout to help you get a bigger and stronger chest faster so for example…

If you did 5 sets of 10 reps using 225 pounds on the bench press then the next time you workout you want to beat your last workout by…
Doing at least 6 sets and/or…
Doing at least 11 reps and/or…
Using more than 225 pounds.

PUSH FOR MORE

Don't overtrain or try to work your chest more than 2 times a week (more is NOT better) and it won't help you get a bigger chest faster because your chest muscles need to rest and recover so they can grow and…

If you're at a point where you're working out your chest more than 2 times a week but…

You're using the same amount of weight, reps and sets each workout then you're wasting your time because you can't get bigger & stronger doing the same workout over & over without using more weight, reps and/or sets so…

Make sure that you rest long enough (at least 2-to-3 days) in between chest workouts so you can beat your last workout by using more weight, doing more reps and/or sets

M

Mrloseit

Sep 11, 2014
add that and the great tips from the guys in this thread and you will reach your goal

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic