Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Chest won't grow

M

macflow

Jan 14, 2014
I've been training for a while and I put in my work but I am not seeing much progress with my chest. Im making gains in other places but chest seems to stay the same. Anyone have any ideas on how to help me out. Thanks!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Feed it, train it heavy and hard, and rest it.....

What exactly are you doing.... are you doing heavy bench (incline and flat)? Are you performing any stretches during your training session... like DC weight stretches? I could ask you a dozen questions but let's see what you're doing and than we can help.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Check your body alignment and exercise form. There's a good chance your delts or perhaps tris are doing most of the work.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Are you clenching your shoulder blades and keeping them clenched? Are you arching your lower back and pulling your shoulder blades down toward your hips? Those are called locking in your shoulder blades and back. When you press, keep your shoulder blades and back locked in and at the top, don't over extend your shoulders causing your shoulder blades to unlock. Your hands should be about shoulder width on the bar, and while holding the bar you should grip it as though you are going to bend it up in the middle.

All of these things will help you focus the energy into your pecs instead of shoulders and arms. When pressing make sure you can feel the contraction in your pecs. If you don't feel it there you are doing something wrong.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Try smith machine for bench press instead of regular bench press. I've been doing it more recently and you can really feel it in your chest more than regular bench.

M

macflow

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks guys ill post my workout a little later today

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Here's an idea. I'm doing German volume training and everything is growing! For chest on bench press working weight is 60% of your one rep max. You do 10 reps. 10 sets. with 90 seconds rest between sets. After you finish that move to incline dumbells same kinda weight. 10 reps 10 sets 60 seconds rest between sets
finish with cable flies 3 sets 12 reps 60 seconds rest between sets. Im on fire. Im growing! Just an idea.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
I have seen some great strength and size gains by doing bb flat, db flat, bb incline, db incline, bb decline, db decline all on chest days. I'm on week 11 and my chest has grown and my working sets have increased better than I anticipated. Don't know if it will work for you but it's worked great for me

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I've been training for a while and I put in my work but I am not seeing much progress with my chest. Im making gains in other places but chest seems to stay the same. Anyone have any ideas on how to help me out. Thanks!

How long? Stubborn parts can take years . Sometimes impatience makes it seem longer . Just make sure you eat to gain and continue working on chest- benching, inclines , dips - moderately heavy. Think about how even each repetition is performed . Slower cadence maybe each rep? Hard work + smart training + high calories + patience / time= size

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Try pre exhausting the chest. Your delts and triceps likely overpower your chest. I had the same problem for a long time. Hit a few heavy sets on a single joint movement like flyes before your heavy compounds.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Are you clenching your shoulder blades and keeping them clenched? Are you arching your lower back and pulling your shoulder blades down toward your hips? Those are called locking in your shoulder blades and back. When you press, keep your shoulder blades and back locked in and at the top, don't over extend your shoulders causing your shoulder blades to unlock. Your hands should be about shoulder width on the bar, and while holding the bar you should grip it as though you are going to bend it up in the middle.

All of these things will help you focus the energy into your pecs instead of shoulders and arms. When pressing make sure you can feel the contraction in your pecs. If you don't feel it there you are doing something wrong.

This.

And don't get carried away with trying to increase your 1RM on the bench like most of us have at one time or another. Don't drop or bounce the bar off the chest, and make sure you keep the butt and head on the bench at all times during the set.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic