Cardiologist

• Thread starter The other Snake
  • Start Date
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Bloodwork

Got my bloods back. Doc runs a real big panel but for this thread, here's the highlight

Non-fasting results:

Total cholesterol: 180
LDL: 85
HDL: 42
Triglycerides: 265 ( non-fasting so I expected this to be somewhat high)

Sed. Rate: 12 (Range 0-19) He does run the Sed Rate each year and it's never been out of range
C-Reactive Protein 0.33 (Range less than 3.00) Had this done about every other year

I asked him about a Statin and he said, Let's see how this BW goes since you're always boarder line on needed it. I see no reason for it at this point. He did mention there's a new Cholesterol lowering med out that will probably be replacing Statins all together called Nexletol. It's easier on the liver and doesn't have the muscle cramping.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
anyways, read the book on viox scandal, holy crap, shoulda put 10k folks in jail, so friggin criminal insane

What's the name of that book?

Thanks

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
If I remember the C-Reactive has to do with inflammation and muscle damage, mine is usually on the higher end. My Dr at the time would monitor it, but attributed it to working out so much causing muscle damage then having the liver release the protein related to it. I also have LVH which the Dr attributes to working out as well.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If I remember the C-Reactive has to do with inflammation and muscle damage, mine is usually on the higher end. My Dr at the time would monitor it, but attributed it to working out so much causing muscle damage then having the liver release the protein related to it. I also have LVH which the Dr attributes to working out as well.
My doctor did say that the c-reactive protein is an after the fact kind of test. If you have some slight left ventricular hypertrophy, I wouldn't worry about it.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
CRP not so much, ALT/AST/LDH can be elevated significantly from muscle damage. Always run CK along with LFTs, if CK is 10x normal and LFTs are 2 - 3x UNL, probably coming from muscle. Take 10 days off and recheck. If they all come down, its muscle. If CK comes down but ALT/AST stays elevated then it could be hepatic. Also remember ALT has a longer half life in circulation, takes longer to come back down so AST will come down faster. I usually check my LFTs after a vacation (assuming no heavy drinking), 10 - 14 days off hard exercise will give a clearly picture of what's going on. GGT and ALP are not elevated from exercise. Another good lab is BNP, excessive strain on the ventricular wall will elevate it as in cardiomyopathy and heart failure. Should be less than 100.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Additional Results

The lipoprotein (a) came back. 12.6 (range <75)

I had to look this one up. Apparently it's genetic and stays the same throughout your life.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Your LDL is 85 and your Dr wants you on a statin? That doesn't even make sense to me.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Your LDL is 85 and your Dr wants you on a statin? That doesn't even make sense to me.
Was thinking the same thing. Easy solution is get a CT angiogram. If it's clean, no need to do anything.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
At this point, why? My last 3 Tests over the last year have produced numbers that don't warrant it.

He did make a comment when I said my numbers aren't bad. "Well they are finding out for LDL should be as low as possible". I asked him, Isn't that studied by the same drug companies that said 10 years ago my current numbers are fine?

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Bloodwork

Got my bloods back. Doc runs a real big panel but for this thread, here's the highlight

Non-fasting results:

Total cholesterol: 180
LDL: 85
HDL: 42
Triglycerides: 265 ( non-fasting so I expected this to be somewhat high)

Sed. Rate: 12 (Range 0-19) He does run the Sed Rate each year and it's never been out of range
C-Reactive Protein 0.33 (Range less than 3.00) Had this done about every other year

I asked him about a Statin and he said, Let's see how this BW goes since you're always boarder line on needed it. I see no reason for it at this point. He did mention there's a new Cholesterol lowering med out that will probably be replacing Statins all together called Nexletol. It's easier on the liver and doesn't have the muscle cramping.
Do you believe the GHK-Cu improved your numbers?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic