TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Rest and heal dude. Mo mobs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
You ever think you're coming back a bit aggressively for having just done a meet? I know it was only deadlift only, but it was still taxing. I give you kudos for having the mindset to change things up though.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Dont let ego end up hurting you! Very frustrating seeing numbers go backwards but alot of other things come into play. I gota agree with CL on recovery time but what does coach say?

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
We've got similar numbers and you're like 40+ pounds lighter, very impressive.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
...my right glute was extremely tight as well and felt almost immediate relief after using the lacrosse ball on it.
I've found the glutes are often the culprits when my back gets tight.

When you do rack pulls to loosen your back, where do you place the pins?

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Impressive sessions bro, always like coming in here to check things out. Can't really add anything though so it's a bunch of lurking.
Lacrosse ball is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.

Haha I appreciate any input or suggestions. What types of stuff do you do for mobility?

Rest and heal dude. Mo mobs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks T. I've been finding it really hard to rest and recover, but I just want to be strong like the rest of you.

You ever think you're coming back a bit aggressively for having just done a meet? I know it was only deadlift only, but it was still taxing. I give you kudos for having the mindset to change things up though.

Yes and no, yea the DL meet was a little taxing but I never felt fatigued from it. I think it's just a change in mindset since I tweaked my back. I've kind of been battling myself on whether or not I should go to the gym and whether or not I'll be able to lift heavy (even though I know the RPE scale is in place). I'll bounce back once the back starts feeling better and I actually look forward to training.

Dont let ego end up hurting you! Very frustrating seeing numbers go backwards but alot of other things come into play. I gota agree with CL on recovery time but what does coach say?

Haven't talked to coach, definitely something I need to start doing more. I tend to be a little selfish in the Offseason and try not to rely on him too much even though I know I should.

We've got similar numbers and you're like 40+ pounds lighter, very impressive.

Thanks man.

I've found the glutes are often the culprits when my back gets tight.

When you do rack pulls to loosen your back, where do you place the pins?

I actually do think thats part of the problem, I think I need to go get a massage to help loosen up some of these tight muscles.

I don't usually do rack pulls to loosen the lower back (not sure if I accidentally wrote that in the log) but when I do them the pins are set usually just below the knee cap. I prefer back extensions, supermans, and everse hypers for lower back rehab though.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice work man. Any day you can walk into the gym and pull 500 or more is a great day!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Nice work man. Any day you can walk into the gym and pull 500 or more is a great day!

Thanks turbo. Just sucks knowing that had I not stupidly hurt myself, I would have pulled a good amount more than that, even if it was just a stupid deadlift only meet. I have to stop letting my ego get the best of me. Im sure we all go through that, right?

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Training Update:

6/17/16

Deadlift 5x5

Hip circle and hip rotations for a little dynamic pre-warmup, also foam rolled for a bit before hand

135x10

185x5

225x 5

315x5

365x3

405x5

405x5

405x5

405x4 (miscounted)

405x6 (made up for previous set)

Went beltless for these, I just didn't want to throw the belt on despite my lower back feeling tight. I decided to keep the weight pretty light even though it did feel heavier than it should have. I also had to deadlift with a stiff bar because we hadn't gotten the deadlift bar back yet.

Bench w/bands 5x5

135x10

185x10

225x5

225x5

225x5

225x5

225x5

Used the small red and blue bands for all sets not sure how much resistance it was but it all moved really well. I probably could've gone heavier but I decided that it would be best for me to just keep it light and see how I feel next week. I also had to call it after bench because, I was gonna help bring some of the equipment back to the gym, but turns out we aren't getting everything that I thought back, we got the deadlift bar back and 10 of the standard 45 lb plates. No ivanko or eleikos though. Makes no sense to me since the dude who owns the equipment moved to oregon and all of his stuff is just going to be sitting in a garage until he comes back in january but the guy I was helping only wanted to bring a few things despite me arguing that we would be the only ones using it and it actually being used rather than rusting and gathering dust.

Todays workout

Extra workout

Lat Pulldowns 5x10

40x10

80x10

110x10

140x10

140x10

140x10

140x10

140x10

Triceps 5x10 (Close Neutral grip press w/ rogue multigrip bar)

133x10

133x10

133x10

133x10

133x10

Hamstrings (GHR) 3x10

Bwx10

Bw+green bandx10

Bw+green bandx10

Biceps (curls) 3x10

50x10

50x10

50x10

Shoulders (lateral and front raises on cable machine) 3x10 each

15x10

15x10

15x10

Quads (leg extensions) 5x10

140x10

140x10

140x10

140x10

140x10

Abs (kickouts and stuff)

Did these till my abs hurt basically

Im trying to keep up with my log more so Ill be throwing in this boring stuff to the log as well just to get myself more into a habit of logging everything.

My lower back was feeling alot better today, still not 100% but still felt great. All the rehab stuff I think has been helping (foam rolling, lacrosse ball, back extensions, and reverse hypers). I'm hoping I will be completely healed my the time my meet prep starts here in a few weeks, as long as I continue to do the small stuff for rehab and continue to take it easy I think I will be 100% in no time.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks turbo. Just sucks knowing that had I not stupidly hurt myself, I would have pulled a good amount more than that, even if it was just a stupid deadlift only meet. I have to stop letting my ego get the best of me. Im sure we all go through that, right?

I do that all the time man. If I had just known some tips that I have now I think my original back injury would have been preventable. But I didn't know at the time, so I guess I just have to try to take what I have now and put it into play.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
Damn dude, great numbers, beastly. Keep up the good work.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic