Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Burritos and Barbells- 3M Training Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Haven't trained in a couple days because of this stupid deadlift only meet. Can't for Monday to come around so I can have a full training day.

Also found out my gym got rid of their specialty equipment (deadlift bar, texas power bars, calibrated eleiko kg plates, and evanko plates) my buddy who owns all that equipment had a falling out with the gym owner so he took all of his shit (it was his fault). So looks like ill be deadlifting with a stiff bar until the gym replaces all the powerlifting equipment they lost.
This post sucks dicks all over. It's like having ten dicks in your mouth at once...

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
This post sucks dicks all over. It's like having ten dicks in your mouth at once...

way too many dicks...no need to overindulge...

I've gotten rid of the dicks. Shitty deadlift meet is over. Only 15 lifters they started at 830 instead of 9am, and everyone was warming up on the same platform with the exception of a few people. My last warm up ended up being 405 before of my opener at 515. Some dude showed up later and hogged up the warmup platform so I was like fuck it. Ended up pulling 535 and attempted 550 on my third but my back was feeling a little tight. I attempted the pull and gave up before I got it off the ground. Just wasn't there today. Did that for you POB, I could of fought it but there was no point. Time to focus on meet prep

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
The 535 looked strong.
Pm me where and when you lift. I'm gonna try and make it out to lift with you once you have bars again. Actually that's not true. I don't lift enough for bars to play a role haha!:D

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
The 535 looked strong.
Pm me where and when you lift. I'm gonna try and make it out to lift with you once you have bars again. Actually that's not true. I don't lift enough for bars to play a role haha!:D

Haha nah man, your numbers are pretty good. Stick to the program and theyll continue to shoot up. I also think that once you compete at your first meet, and see and feel what its all like, the itch to compete again will drive your motivation even more and your strength will develop even more.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Hey, 535 is a damned nice pull for a token meet. Glad you were able to pull all of the dicks out of POB's mouth. Hope you wore rubber gloves.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hey, 535 is a damned nice pull for a token meet. Glad you were able to pull all of the dicks out of POB's mouth. Hope you wore rubber gloves.

I was kind of disappointed because I know I'm stronger than that, but then I started thinking about how much I'm looking forward to my meet prep for October that I kind of laughed it all off.

(funny side story) That night my girlfriend was watching some stupid ass video on fb of this fitness couple doing some weird bicycle thing where the guy was holding the girl up and they made what appeared like a bicycle. Anyways she made me watch this stupid video, and says to me I dont think we can do that if we tried, I stupidly responded by saying I bet you we can. So forced me to try it with her and we failed miserably, so I blamed it on the fact that I had just competed that morning. She then responds by saying "um you did a deadlift only meet, and you sucked"...hit me right in the feels.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Training Update
6/13/16

Squats 15x2 (beltless)

135x10

185x5

225x5

275x5

315x15x2 (w/ 60 secs rest in between sets)

Rack Pulls 3x1 (beltless)

545ishx1

545ishx1

545ishx1

Bulgarian Split Squat 5x7

Ended up doing 5x10 @bw

Squats felt like shit today, although on video they did look alot faster than they felt. Not really sure why but decided to do these all beltless and with as little rest as possible. My lower back is still not 100% but it is feeling better. I shouldn't have done the DL meet, but I did and now my main focus will be full recovery because I will be starting my meet prep pretty soon, and I dont want any nagging little injuries. My hip has felt so much better since I started rolling out my TFL every chance I get which has helped loosen up the hip quite a bit.
Rack pulls felt pretty good, I used a mixture of metal lb plates, and some kilo bumper plates so I estimated the weight to be around 545ish. It wasn't a crazy amount of weight but it was just enough and made my lower back feel good afterwards. Also did some reverse hypers after the split squats, just to get a little more bloodflow for the lower back. Hoping to be 100% soon.

Also found out today that were getting back all the equipment that was taken out last. So that was exciting news. Texas dl bar, Texas power bars, ivanko plates, eleiko powerlifting bar, eleiko kg plates, yoke bar, etc.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
60 second rests? It's more like you did one set of 30 reps with 15 full resets haha, nice work. Good to hear you're getting the specialty bars and equipment back.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Bench Day

Bench Day 1x3

Warm-up

Barx10

135x10

185x10

225x5

275x3

Top Set

305x3 paused @9.5

Fatigue Drop 3x3

275x3

225x3

225x3

225x3

Lower back was feeling pretty tight today, which I feel affected my strength a bit and I couldn't get into my usual arch. Last 1x3 day I did 325x3, so I got a little frustrated that 305 felt so heavy.
On the fatigue drop, 275 felt like @9, so I decided to drop down to 225, and bench with a slow and controlled eccentric portion with a pause and explosive concentric portion with my feet up on the bench to keep my back tight. I also tried to focus on keeping my elbows tucked to keep them from flaring out.
After benching I was scheduled to do concentric squats but I had no where to do them and was going to wait for a rack to open up but instead I decided to do some back extensions as some rehab work for my lower back, I also decided to take the time and roll out using the foam roller and lacrosse ball. Not only was my mid and lower back tight, my right glute was extremely tight as well and felt almost immediate relief after using the lacrosse ball on it.

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Impressive sessions bro, always like coming in here to check things out. Can't really add anything though so it's a bunch of lurking.
Lacrosse ball is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic