Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Bulking not going right, help

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I could never eat 5k cals. I hear guys doing it but the volume has to be painful. Then again, I'm 5'-9" 220 in the winter. Maybe a bigger body can handle more?
Keeping them clean.... I cannot hit 5k a day consistently. If it is chicken and rice/potato or steak rice/potato, I have a hard time hitting 3500-3800 every day. I did it for 10 weeks though post show and threw in 2 cheat meals a week and blew the fuck up. Put on 60 lbs, held there for a bit then did a mini-cut of 20 lbs to the picture in my avatar (5'9" 214 lbs) which was a few weeks ago.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Keeping them clean.... I cannot hit 5k a day consistently. If it is chicken and rice/potato or steak rice/potato, I have a hard time hitting 3500-3800 every day. I did it for 10 weeks though post show and threw in 2 cheat meals a week and blew the fuck up. Put on 60 lbs, held there for a bit then did a mini-cut of 20 lbs to the picture in my avatar (5'9" 214 lbs) which was a few weeks ago.
Nice man! It’s nuts when you have been so depleted for so long and then start filling back out. You look like a different person. Feel like a different person. Seeing the daily changes is awesome. I dropped the T3 and semaglutide. Filling out now and just feels awesome! Only got down to maybe 8% bf again. I could only imagine from a leaner state. Last time I bumped the carbs up too fast and got bloated as hell. Got uncomfortable. That time I ate little to no carbs while cutting. This time my carbs stayed a lot higher. Just ate less in general. Ending the diet is going much better. Plus I was growing before I ended the cut. I’m kinda considering throwing the T3 back in. Lol. Gonna wait a little longer though. Haha

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nice man! It’s nuts when you have been so depleted for so long and then start filling back out. You look like a different person. Feel like a different person. Seeing the daily changes is awesome. I dropped the T3 and semaglutide. Filling out now and just feels awesome! Only got down to maybe 8% bf again. I could only imagine from a leaner state. Last time I bumped the carbs up too fast and got bloated as hell. Got uncomfortable. That time I ate little to no carbs while cutting. This time my carbs stayed a lot higher. Just ate less in general. Ending the diet is going much better. Plus I was growing before I ended the cut. I’m kinda considering throwing the T3 back in. Lol. Gonna wait a little longer though. Haha
You and your damn T3. Haha.

Yeah, that aldosterone will get you when you come off being super lean if you push the carbs up fast. I did and was bloated for 4-5 weeks before the water started coming off. No issues, I knew it would do that and I didn't care. It was all part of the process and I knew the only way this would work was to blast right out of the show. It works really well, but is pretty dangerous holding 30+ lbs of water for a month or more. If I have a client that wants to try it, I make them sign a waiver.

T

Tex79

Mar 16, 2024
I could never eat 5k cals. I hear guys doing it but the volume has to be painful. Then again, I'm 5'-9" 220 in the winter. Maybe a bigger body can handle more?
At the time I was also on 500TE/400EQ. The EQ made me eat insane amounts. I would literally be even more hungry after eat than before I started. That was my favorite stack. I felt amazing, my metabolism was amazing, and I felt I looked my best. I have a Dr appointment in a few weeks to check on the shoulder. I’ll either need surgery or I’m just going to lift through the pain.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Bulking is soooooo 70's!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
You and your damn T3. Haha.

Yeah, that aldosterone will get you when you come off being super lean if you push the carbs up fast. I did and was bloated for 4-5 weeks before the water started coming off. No issues, I knew it would do that and I didn't care. It was all part of the process and I knew the only way this would work was to blast right out of the show. It works really well, but is pretty dangerous holding 30+ lbs of water for a month or more. If I have a client that wants to try it, I make them sign a waiver.
Yeah, they (well Scott McNally and Andrew anyways) always talks about using that post show rebound for growth. Sounds like they slowly ramp things (carbs) up as to not add all that water right away and take advantage of the insulin sensitivity. That’s got to be hard slowly coming off a cut like that. Once you start adding those carbs back in you want more. And I’m more of an all or nothing kinda guy. Lol. Some serious control being able to do it like that. The semaglutide did help me not over eat on carbs when cutting which is different then what I have done before. Usually I just cut out all carbs except veggies. Otherwise the cravings are too hard to manage for me. On the semaglutide I basically just ate less of what I normally eat. When I came off I didn’t get all bloated from water. I mean I was already bloated from the Sema in my gut. Lol. I think I lost 5 lbs in the toilet as I was gaining more water in my muscles. Cause weight has stayed about the same so far. Gut isn’t as bloated but muscles much fuller/ bigger. Appetite hasn’t gotten crazy either like last time I came off cut. Last time I could not get full. I could eat so much food it blew my mind. I normally have a low appetite which holds me back from good gains. So maybe the other way is better. I didn’t get quite as lean either I don’t think but was in a deficit longer. Hopefully got rid of more visceral fat. I know I was losing bodyfat because I finally got rid of this fat deposit on my lower back that my Dr called a fat patch. When I hurt my back years ago I noticed this lump on my low back (left side only)and thought it was related to the pain. Nope. Just a lump of fat sitting there. Its finally completely gone! So that’s awesome. Can’t wait to show off hard work on this vacation cruise to the Bahamas in 21 days. Hit the tanning bed yesterday. Booyah! Might have to do a show this year. Haha. We will see.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic