Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Bulking not going right, help

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Tuna and almond butter. Make LK Puke Again.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Man, I cannot eat that keto bread. Tried a couple different ones. Terrible! Lol
Go with a low carb wrap or flat bread instead. Same amount of carbs as the keto bread and not as disgusting.

Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not a fan of it myself but macros are macros. I use it for my pbj sandwiches lol

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I never could wrap my mind around the Bulk-n-Cut mentality. Why put on 10 lbs, most of what is fat only to have to diet it off. I want a slow muscle growth with a minimal increase in fat. But that's me.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
If you have Smidtch Old Tyme 647 bread in your area, try it. My wife has eaten the Italian bread version for years. It’s actually good. She packs my sons lunch with it half the time and he doesn’t even notice the difference.

I have been eating Dave’s killer bread in the green bag. Definitely not low carb and I eat around 400g/daily.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I never could wrap my mind around the Bulk-n-Cut mentality. Why put on 10 lbs, most of what is fat only to have to diet it off. I want a slow muscle growth with a minimal increase in fat. But that's me.
I understand the premise for competition, but not recreational bodybuilding.

My caloric needs vary from day to day, due to work. But I try to stay slightly above maintenance for the slow and steady approach. If I were to increase calories, I would get more mass gains, but with a little fat. At this point, I don’t want the fat for the sake of size. I wanna stay tight, hard, and lean. Someday, I might bulk again…

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If you have Smidtch Old Tyme 647 bread in your area, try it. My wife has eaten the Italian bread version for years. It’s actually good. She packs my sons lunch with it half the time and he doesn’t even notice the difference.

I have been eating Dave’s killer bread in the green bag. Definitely not low carb and I eat around 400g/daily.

I use the 647 English muffins with a zero sugar jelly when I need to drop a few lbs. It's not that bad.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022

I definitely have seen it around. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I never did either! Till I tried it. There’s something about cutting and getting your insulin sensitivity way up that just drives new growth that is 10times faster than trying to just slowly grow without putting on much of any fat. I won’t dirty bulk and get fat, don’t get me wrong. But if I’m not progressing. I will do a low carb cut for a few months. Then slowly bring carbs back in and I’ll be dammed if it doesn’t put on more muscle man! I had been experimenting because I keep getting the bug to compete but never do. Haha. I recently (months ago) had a bad ear infection and injured my elbow. No point in trying to grow so I started cutting, not being able to train properly. My elbow is finally healed and I just ended my cut and dam I’m growing like a weed now. On just 500mg test. I mean when you’re cutting you look and feel small but when you switch you start filling out again and it just feels awesome. Rather than looking the same all the time and not seeing any changes. Gets boring constantly lean bulking imo. And have you ever cut while on a cycle? You might think it’s a waste. You don’t need 1000mgs of gear either. Like 300-500mg and you can cut really hard and not lose any muscle. And not totally fuck up your bloodwork. Cut hard for two or three months on 300mg AAS then one month at 500mg while slowly bringing calories back up. Fallowed by 1000mg AAS for another month or two. Bet money you would make better gains doing that than 1000mg AAS bulking for 4-6 months. Bet!

T

Tex79

Mar 16, 2024
I’ve never delved too deep into fats, carbs, etc.. but when I was in the best shape of my life I was eating around 5k calories a day. Between 200-300g of clean protein (tuna, chicken, turkey). It was a chore and I was miserable eating that much food in a day, but I packed on muscle, and maintained vascularity. My workout schedule was a rotation of isolation/workout till failure 6 days a week. If you put in the work you need the fuel. Junk foods full of bad fats will give you junk results. Diet effects your appearance more than the workout from my experience.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I never did either! Till I tried it. There’s something about cutting and getting your insulin sensitivity way up that just drives new growth that is 10times faster than trying to just slowly grow without putting on much of any fat. I won’t dirty bulk and get fat, don’t get me wrong. But if I’m not progressing. I will do a low carb cut for a few months. Then slowly bring carbs back in and I’ll be dammed if it doesn’t put on more muscle man! I had been experimenting because I keep getting the bug to compete but never do. Haha. I recently (months ago) had a bad ear infection and injured my elbow. No point in trying to grow so I started cutting, not being able to train properly. My elbow is finally healed and I just ended my cut and dam I’m growing like a weed now. On just 500mg test. I mean when you’re cutting you look and feel small but when you switch you start filling out again and it just feels awesome. Rather than looking the same all the time and not seeing any changes. Gets boring constantly lean bulking imo. And have you ever cut while on a cycle? You might think it’s a waste. You don’t need 1000mgs of gear either. Like 300-500mg and you can cut really hard and not lose any muscle. And not totally fuck up your bloodwork. Cut hard for two or three months on 300mg AAS then one month at 500mg while slowly bringing calories back up. Fallowed by 1000mg AAS for another month or two. Bet money you would make better gains doing that than 1000mg AAS bulking for 4-6 months. Bet!
Yep, I was a middleweight on stage last year. I took full advantage of the rebound and pushed the food way up for 10 weeks. Made it up to 234 lbs. I held it there for a few weeks then started my mini-cut to see what I had actually gained. Quad striations were already out at 224 lbs. Currently sitting at 212.6 lbs and not sure if am going to make it to light heavy weight (DEXA scan next week will tell me if it is even possible). Hamstrings are starting to dig out already and yesterday morning check in photo you could see a glute line. I put on over 20 lbs of lean tissue this growing season, which was only 6 months. The only thing I ran was my TRT (140 mg) and either 140 mg mast or 70 mg primo with 2 iu of GH and 5 iu of insulin on my high days only. This is what happens when you cut down to 3-4% BF then blast food post show. Oh and I am almost 50.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I’ve never delved too deep into fats, carbs, etc.. but when I was in the best shape of my life I was eating around 5k calories a day. Between 200-300g of clean protein (tuna, chicken, turkey). It was a chore and I was miserable eating that much food in a day, but I packed on muscle, and maintained vascularity. My workout schedule was a rotation of isolation/workout till failure 6 days a week. If you put in the work you need the fuel. Junk foods full of bad fats will give you junk results. Diet effects your appearance more than the workout from my experience.
I could never eat 5k cals. I hear guys doing it but the volume has to be painful. Then again, I'm 5'-9" 220 in the winter. Maybe a bigger body can handle more?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic