Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Building muscle without meat

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
It knows the difference between the amino acid sequences.

Agreed this is why it is best to eat the chicken, beef, and fish.
Get it all covered.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Ok ive eaten so much meat (i.e chicken and steak) that i am literally sick of it and cant eat it unless im high lol.

So could i still build muscle on:

Fish
Almonds
Eggs
Yogurt for my supply of protein?

Absolutely. I eat a ton of fish and almonds. Almonds are an excellent source of calories. Grind up some oats and throw it in your shakes. The amount of fiber you'll get from eating increased amounts of almonds and oats will do wonders for your digestive system. When I switched my diet around to include a lot more fiber I also got leaner.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Absolutely. I eat a ton of fish and almonds. Almonds are an excellent source of calories. Grind up some oats and throw it in your shakes. The amount of fiber you'll get from eating increased amounts of almonds and oats will do wonders for your digestive system. When I switched my diet around to include a lot more fiber I also got leaner.

True dat on the almonds - i like cashews too... i just have a handful of either with every meal when not trying to lose weight. still have a bunch even on diet tho, just not as much.

Whats wrong with protein shakes KBD? get a few flavors if you like. Aguy like you doesnt really need to worry about getting pure isolate with no carbs or fat, just get something that tastes good like gaspari's chocolate (which is under 5G of fat and carbs anyhow)... throw some mac nut oil in your shake.... shit if your that sick of food throw in some waxy maiz or karbolyn too.

2 scoops protein powder, 1 tblsp oil, 30-60G of waxy or karbo depending on current diet goals.... it helps me when i am sick of food.

or skip the oil and have nuts like fixx suggested.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
2% cottage cheese bro....tons of it. That and fish and protein shakes for variety.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I know a guy that is vegetarian and he is a big lean sum bitch. He eats a lot of the TVP (textured vegetable protein). and these vegetable scallions that have a lot of protein. all his numbers always come back good on B test, cholesterol hemo etc.
TVP is great, I eat that stuff most days. Tastes a bit like beef mince. My diet is 100% plant-based/vegan so I don't eat ANY animal products ~ no eggs, fish, milk etc.

My other main foods would be things like oats, quinoa, beans (kidney, pinto etc), lentils & legumes, avocados, raw nuts, heaps of fruit & veges, vege sushi/inari, tofu amongst other things.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Start the day off with something like this...

998632_550013261702785_1460013222_n.jpg

Doesn't get much fresher and healthier than that.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Vegans have a harder time, but it's possible...

1150884_10100986834337935_677373450_n.jpg

Derek Tresize is a great example, as is Torre.

1012234_613259578719373_206020797_n.png

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Yogurt is so much easier to get down.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yogurt is so much easier to get down.

huhhh huhhh Turbo likes the texture of yogurt going down...huuu huuu (Beavis n Butthead voice...)

I don't get why people push this vegan dogma, we have incissors, they are for tearing flesh off bone. Since the beginning of time man has eaten meat. Not to mention all them vegetables taste like warm garbage

Last edited:
S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
It's not that the meat is so bad it's the meat proteins found in animals that is in some cases toxic to the human body there's many good documentarys on it. Animals now are fed so many hormones that its impossible to avoid that's why the life expectancy of the u.s citizen is only about the 70s. If you notice we have a huge epidemic of disease here that is completely reversible with a natural veg and fruit diet look it up. There's a great documentary called Greyson diet or somthing that's really good it even shows in the documentary how the u.s banned the natural cures clinics they tried to open so there everywhere else in the world.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic