Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Bicep tendinitis Related to shoulder pain?

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
Yes I had the MRI with the dye, twice both showed nothing nada. For me that MRI with the dye was painful so I won't forget that.....

For me doing any over head presses was out, doing chest always killed too. Moving my hand upwards in front of me as if I was holding a can upside down (thumb down) was painful also. The anatomy of the shoulder is so complex though like I said in my first post, one tiny bit of inflammation in the shoulder will cause pain..

I hope this helps and your issue is not serious! If you like peptides, look into tb-500 I've been reading some promising stuff on it for actually helping tendon pain issues... It's worth a look...

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
You sound like me Illtemper I've had 3 rt shoulder but I'm 13 yrs post opt and my right is fine. I'm having some impingement issues with my left but I just work around it. One thing that has helped me more than anything is I found a guy who active release techniques for muscles or art. He has loosened my neck and my shoulders and I have had a lot less problems. Rest is the only thing that with cure tendinitis.

I'm gonna have to find me a guy like that, I also have issues with my left shoulder at times.. I went back to doing a lot of therapy excercises again to workout the kinks, so far so good! But yeah Braw we are just alike bro, I swear I will not get surgery again as my case with my right was different and extreme, either case ill just use gh, tb-500 and find ways to work around it! As I posted in the last post, I've read some pretty good stuff on tb so i will be trying it soon!

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Illtemper you will have to let me know how it works for you. Find someone who does ART I swear by it with my neck being fused also I been through it all. You name it and I've probably have tried it or done it. I don't ever want to go under the knife again.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
When I had my rotator cuff surgery recently that was one of the things they checked before the op was my bicep was intact.if the scans show nothing could be some sort of nerve damage to the biceps.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
All I can share with you is from my own experiences.. My injury sounds exactly how yours does. Doing bicep work was not an issue but shoulders was another story. I had MRI's and arthrograms just like you that showed nothing also. I decided to go under the knife as an exploratory surgery cause I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. After trying all the cortizone shots, pt, and icing it like crazy i finally got a answer from the surgery. My labrum was torn and the biceps tendon is what connects to the labrum. Because it was torn and frayed peices of that tendon moving around and getting into spots where it shouldnt and the fact it was pulled away from where it should of been was an issue also.. now what i know is if you pulled and tore the labrum sometimes MRI's won't pick it up and also you'll be able to work the bicep and be ok but later in the day my shoulder would feel weird. Not super painful but annoying, if that makes sense.

Now even after I re-tore my shoulder after the first surgery, the MRI arthrogram showed nothing again. Me and the doc knew something happened cause it wasn't healing even months later. He went back in and that tendon almost completely was ripped and pulled through the suture he put in....

Now I don't know if this helps but long story short ive had 3 shoulder surgeries and a biceps tenoditis. I was good after the first shoulder surgery but had an accident at work 3 months post op and re-tore all the work my doc did so I had to have it fixed again. After the 2nd it wasn't healing right and one year ladter that I had a 3rd to remove scar tissue and to remove pieces of bone to we're causing impingments and also the biceps tenoditis. I am 2 full years out from that and I'm 95% perfect at this time. It was a long deal and I swore I would do everything to not go through any of that again. I do not recommend surgery unless its the only option, it was a long recovery for me but in the end I'm back at and killing it!

I hope this helps!

when you have the surgery to look around the shoulder not really doing anything but looking, how long is the recovery time?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Exploratory's are usually no more than a few weeks depends on what they're looking for. You should really exhaust all the other options before going under the knife. Remember docs make their money from procedures and scripts not by telling you you're fine. jus me 2 centavos

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
he does not want to do it i do . i know something is wrong with me. i know my body. he is scared that he will go in and find nothing .

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Is he 'scoping' it, thats not so bad, but I've seen alot of guys, family members get the shoulder surgery and it was not a good outcome. You would be surprised what a GOOD sports tehrapist can do with bursitis\tendonitis. I can verify this myself

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
^^^^
yes

any biceps strains Ive ever incurred def offered pain in the shoulder too..

in addition, even when I had a strained labrum in shoulder, it cause bicep pain in the insertion point in forearm

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
I don't know about the recovery from just scoping it. Every time my doc went in, he had to fix something.. Recovery from the surgeries were hell! Talk about painful!!! I would never wanna go through it again..

For me recovery was really hard after the third surgery and basically I wouldn't heal, even 1yr post op I still had a lot of pain and trouble moving it. Make a long story short, I used AAS to my advantage taking it slow and about 6months after that I was 75%better. These days I'm pretty much 100%. Some movements give a twinge but nothing major as long as I keep warming up my shoulder before I lift and keep doing therapy excercises a couple times a week to keep it lose...

As I said in other posts, do anything to avoid getting cut! Get GH, try the tb-500 do anything.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Scoping shouldnt put you out for very long. I scoped my shoulder and they had to remove some cartilage and some bone spurs. They did all that with 3 tiny incisions. Recovery was a few months but it took a long time to feel normal

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic