Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Bicep tendinitis Related to shoulder pain?

H

halizarraga

Aug 12, 2013
Shoulder pain

The MAJOR problem in the diagnosis of BT is it oftentimes confused with Shoulder Impingement Syndrome and vice versa. Suffice it to say, MOST patients with BT are older OR have a history of "throwers" in sports. Even injecting the involved area can create confusion because the BT lies in the Sub-Acromial Bursa, the predominant region involved in those with Impingement Syndrome.

So what doe this mean? Although injections, NSAIDS, MRI, Sono may aid in the treatments and diagnosis respectively of BT they do NOT treat the MECHANICAL CAUSATION. The latter may only be addressed with surgery, which is often not only diagnostic BUT therapeutic!

Jim

I also have been dealing with pain on my left shoulder. I am not able to lift any weight above my head. I've had electrotherapy and it helped for a while but it is expensive, cannot handle to pay for more than six sessions a month.

It worked, or at least it seemed to be working, specially on recovering strength.
I have not been to therapy for 3 weeks or se but my lifting has been progressing.
I dont use any barbel, just dumbels, and for pecs (sometimes feel also a pain that seems to connect to the bicep and chest) I do the hammer grip on a flat and incline. Sometimes flyes but try to avoid them. Max weight about 45Lbs (20kg).

Back excercises are not a problem but pain still there, just been able to cope with it.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Hal, something just is NOT right with your situation IMO. You seem to be suggesting bicipital tendonitis is the cause of significant disability, especially in regard to exercise tolerance?

I don't know EXACTLY WHAT the nature of YOUR problem is BUT it would seem your condition is far to debilitating for isolated BT. (Obviously it's quite possible you may have overlooked an associated diagnosis or a more extensive medical history which could complicate matters considerably)

Get this problem properly DIAGNOSED and treated so you can return to an active and HEALTHY lifestyle ASAP mate!!!!

Best
jim

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic