Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Beards --- Whatcya Got?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Go Away, my boy lol I feel the same way as you lol. However I'm a tight wad and roll with the Wahl clippers. Gonna have to checkout some beard balm, I've only been using shampoo, conditioner, and lotion when I dry it off. Those stray hairs drive me nuts, I can spend a hour in the mirror hunting those fukkers and tweaking on them lol.

I have the biggest trouble fading my beard into my hair. I give myself my own hair cuts and line-ups, trying to perfect the fade now. Shit is hard! The balm is dope though - it also allows you to style it to an extent because if it's flat somewhere you can kinda tease that shit out with the balm in it. Gives the beard a healthy shine too!

I noticed going to scissors after the shower keeps things super neat and tidy. I used to hit it again with clippers but it would just throw tiny trimmings into my beard to be discovered on my shirt all throughout the day.

Wow..... I don't do any of this but I should probably start. I keep my beard pretty short during the brutal summers (guard #3 ) down here but I'll probably let it grow for the winter.

GA, what clippers do you recommend? I need to pick up a new pair and I usually use wahl.
I never had a problem with it during summer. It feels like a natural extension of my face - doesn't make me warmer or cooler... And I rocked it doing gas work all summer having to wear long sleeves and jeans. Virginia isn't a cake walk in July... We hit the 100's.

I bought Oster's "The Quiet Fast Feed". I have the Oster "T-Finisher" for all the detail stuff also. I don't use a straight razor, I just "shave" with the T-Finisher. I have pseudofolliculitis even though I'm Scottish as fuxk... Can't avoid razor bumps regardless of what lotions, ointments, treatments I've used smh.

Can't grow a beard. Seriously. Not even a mustache.

I could possibly be the least hairy man on the planet.
and this is a good thing ;)
Jenner take your boy-loving, man-hating ass to a tampon thread. We doing grown-men stuff in here!!!

FLEXjs you're kinda lucky... Manscaping is a cumbersome chore.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Let me see, GA! Lol...man you may be more extreme than me...the attached pics were during my basic rider's course (motorcycle license), so I didn't put a lot of effort in this day since it was going to be a nasty day.

I like aromaman in tenseless...it's a mint oil and I also got the balm.

I actually have to use the brush, or they'll back up and I get ingrown hairs...and it detangles everything. I still get my beard caught up in even the widest tooth combs. I really only use the brush after the oil to spread it out, and I use the courser plastic bristled brush for every day stuff. With the comb, I can't get the hairs to lay down, no matter what I use.

Last time I trimmed was with a #9 against the grain, and that was about 3 weeks ago. ... so I guess pulled out the hair is about 1.5" according to my hair stylist girlfriend. My gf and barber did recommend the trimmers you're talking about, but said I was doing fine with just scissors, and didn't justify paying $100+ for something just for a few hairs on my beard.

PS...I picked up the most ridiculous shirt I could for my safety course to have long sleeves in this stupid Texas heat for under $10 at Walmart...don't ****ing judge me lol

vapehelmet.jpg

vape.jpg

The only trimming I do is after work I go after the three or so stray hairs that just refuse to stay down with a tiny pair of midget scissors.

So in total in products, I use:

a Remington trimmer, as needed
small trimming scissors/sheers
course poly bristled brush
thicker boar's hair brush (for spreading oils)
Beard oil post shower (aromaman tenseless is one of my favs)
Beard balm sometimes for styling (also aromaman)...it's no gloss...so if I used a stronger matte finish product for my hair I match it to this
JS Sloan topcoat (<== awesome shit for everything) usually in the morning...shiny stuff that goes with my polmade
beard soap
hair conditioner...specifically all natural Rascalls (sandalwood and such) from the Gents Club

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have Jenner on ignore, but I assume she reared her ugly opinion on how guys with hair are nasty, as if, for some reason, any man with a beard gives a shit about hearing her opinion about them

Anyway, I make my own beard oils. Use jojoba oil as a base, cut it with some caster oil and grape seed oil to help dampen the pungent smell of the Jojoba oil. Then, add in some essential oils. There are hundreds of essential oils, but my favorite scents are Pine, cedar (Make sure you get the right one, because some smell like piss, while the good ones smell like smoke), Tea tree, and eucalyptus. Add in the essential oils one drop at a time, because it becomes over powering very quickly with too much.

As far as care, don't use shampoo on your beards! The hair on your face is balanced for your face, not your head. Instead, rinse it daily, and wash it with a beard soap about EOD, then oil every time you get out of the shower.

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I have Jenner on ignore, but I assume she reared her ugly opinion on how guys with hair are nasty, as if, for some reason, any man with a beard gives a shit about hearing her opinion about them

Anyway, I make my own beard oils. Use jojoba oil as a base, cut it with some caster oil and grape seed oil to help dampen the pungent smell of the Jojoba oil. Then, add in some essential oils. There are hundreds of essential oils, but my favorite scents are Pine, cedar (Make sure you get the right one, because some smell like piss, while the good ones smell like smoke), Tea tree, and eucalyptus. Add in the essential oils one drop at a time, because it becomes over powering very quickly with too much.

As far as care, don't use shampoo on your beards! The hair on your face is balanced for your face, not your head. Instead, rinse it daily, and wash it with a beard soap about EOD, then oil every time you get out of the shower.

no, just your cry baby self but you won't see this lmao

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I'll take more of Jenner...just not "Caitlyn"

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
shortz the essential oils combo is interesting. How do you choose the oils? Do you base your choices on their therapeutic, scent, hair health and/or moisturizing properties?
Kosher Fried do you like the Gents Club products? They advertise well. I like the Beardsley shampoo and conditioner because they make it taste sweet - just nice subtle attention to detail.

We also got the clippers to cut mine and my son's hair - long term investment and saves us about 8 hours and $60 a month.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5lltjwoDMLuQzF2LTZ6OEQyalk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic