Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Arm size, average big and small

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Considering the average arm size of a man is something like 13 inches, yeah, 15 on a lean person is good. lol

15'' on a seasoned bodybuilder? not so good!!lol

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
15'' on a seasoned bodybuilder? not so good!!lol

Agreed.

Unfortuantely, that was me at one time though. My arms started off at 11.25 inches. Do you know how long it takes to put on enough mass to increase arm size by 4 inches??? lol Dear lawd, it took forever. I think I was at the 5 year mark before I had broken in to 16 inch territory. So I guess I was seasoned by that time, and wasn't "impressive". I am at the 17 inch mark now, with a soft 6 pack. With a pump, I hit 17.75+

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Agreed.

Unfortuantely, that was me at one time though. My arms started off at 11.25 inches. Do you know how long it takes to put on enough mass to increase arm size by 4 inches??? lol Dear lawd, it took forever. I think I was at the 5 year mark before I had broken in to 16 inch territory. So I guess I was seasoned by that time, and wasn't "impressive". I am at the 17 inch mark now, with a soft 6 pack. With a pump, I hit 17.75+

that is great, really! i was 13 when i started, by the time i was 15, i had 15'' arms, 16 years, 16''..i thought this was going to go on forever, was on Arnolds high volume routine, worked great but then as life would happen, life happened and was out on my own at 17. on and off training, my ex wife ****ed 10 years of prime life training up for me(i allowed it, so my fault)..my arms peaked, finally at 40 years old, with no direct arm training besides an occasional hammer curl or two. But back to you shortz, you may not have had mother nature on your side,per say, but through persistance and dedication you seemed to have taken care of any arm growth issues, at least you know they will grow and in our sport really nothing comes easy and if it did, everyone would have 17'' guns!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
that is great, really! i was 13 when i started, by the time i was 15, i had 15'' arms, 16 years, 16''..i thought this was going to go on forever, was on Arnolds high volume routine, worked great but then as life would happen, life happened and was out on my own at 17. on and off training, my ex wife ****ed 10 years of prime life training up for me(i allowed it, so my fault)..my arms peaked, finally at 40 years old, with no direct arm training besides an occasional hammer curl or two. But back to you shortz, you may not have had mother nature on your side,per say, but through persistance and dedication you seemed to have taken care of any arm growth issues, at least you know they will grow and in our sport really nothing comes easy and if it did, everyone would have 17'' guns!

You were 13, I was 22. LMFAO! It's so embarrassing how skinny I was. I grown man, at 6'2" shouldn't have arms that tiny.

Awesome that you've been in the game this long. I took a break for about 2 years, and lost a lot, and there are days that I think about just not lifting anymore because life would be easier. Then I think about why everyone doesn't look like us...because if it was easy, then we wouldnt have anything special.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
great motivational thought bro! keep it up and really, get that I don't want to lift thought right out of your head! its not an option for me, I get depressed as a mofo when im out, and try my best to get back in asap, too soon sometimes.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
My favorite point which I saw in this thread is something I always say to myself...fatcep vs. ripped...idc if you have a fat 20....means nothing to me except you need to drop weight for a true measure.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
who the hell measures their arms? I can honestly say i never have.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Agreed.

Yep mine were that size when i first started 11.25 cold, i remember i did 18 mths with the bullworker first, it was a mate of mine who suggested we tried the wths.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I think this is all about proportion. I'm 6'1 at 252 right now and about 15%bf and only have 18 cold arm measure. I think they still look too small for my frame for a bodybuilder. In contest shape I get down to 17.5-17.75" but they look bigger.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
I think this is all about proportion. I'm 6'1 at 252 right now and about 15%bf and only have 18 cold arm measure. I think they still look too small for my frame for a bodybuilder. In contest shape I get down to 17.5-17.75" but they look bigger.

Thats pretty good though, so pumped in contest shape around 18.5'' remember Steve Reeves and Reg Park only had that size at your height, and pumped and cut they looked quite impressive.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
As stated above, it all depends on the persons overall size and body fat percentage. I'm 6'1 220 around 10-12% and my arms are 18 cold and flexed. Pumped they get up to around 18 3/4. I get told my arms are huge all the time but like most of us, I feel like they aren't big enough.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
As stated above, it all depends on the persons overall size and body fat percentage. I'm 6'1 220 around 10-12% and my arms are 18 cold and flexed. Pumped they get up to around 18 3/4. I get told my arms are huge all the time but like most of us, I feel like they aren't big enough.

That's a jacked 220! My goal is a lean 225lbs, similar to your build.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic