Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Arm size, average big and small

A

arnoldblack

Sep 6, 2010
What do you guys consider average big and small concerning arm size, cold and flexed and then cold plus whats your current measurement cold unflexed and flexed cold...

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Arm size alone isnt always impressive. For instance, an 18-19 inch fatcep isn't impressive, but an 18 inch arm on someone who is ripped is way more impressive. Always measure cold too, unless you walk around pumped 24 hours a day.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Mine are around 17" cold and maybe 17.5 pumped. I consider anything less than maybe 16" small unless the guy is 5'2" and ripped to the bone.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I think it really depends on the height of a person and the length of his arms. For example I am 5'11" and have 17 inch arms at 184lbs and a 48 inch chest. Granted they look good and big but a) I think they are small for the length of my arms and b) they are small compared to my chest/back but that's not something you can tell if I wear a t-shirt. Don't forget it's all about creating that optical illusion.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
I think it depends on the height and condition! if guy is 5' 4'' and has a cold 15 inch arm with low fat, it can look good, but as someone gets taller, not quite as good, mayb on a scale of around 1/2 inch one would need extra or just under for every inch taller they are. Also the lenght of the arm plays a part, and the peak of the bicep, mine are quite flatish.

Also some arms look much better pumped, some can get up to 1 inch extra, Franco Columbu could, and they looked very large, considering even in contest shape his arms were only around 17.5 inches.

Mine are 15.7 cold with low fat at 5' 8'' tall, has allway been my weakest body part btw.

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Also some arms look much better pumped, some can get up to 1 inch extra, Franco Columbu could, and they looked very large, considering even in contest shape his arms were only around 17.5 inches.

That's exactly my arm situation. Pumped they grow another 1-1.2 inches and look huge. They aren't near as impressive cold, but as I stated earlier, I don't walk around pumped 24 hours a day, so I can't claim a pumped arm size.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
That's exactly my arm situation. Pumped they grow another 1-1.2 inches and look huge. They aren't near as impressive cold, but as I stated earlier, I don't walk around pumped 24 hours a day, so I can't claim a pumped arm size.

Lol! Yes mine pump up around 3/4'' and look reasonable then, i allways wear long sleeve tee shirts out because my other body parts outweigh them by a fair amount, thats a fair old pump you can achieve their btw.

Last edited:
JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
My arms are a weakpoint. They're under 18, and I'm far from "ripped".

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
A big arm, as 'average' meaning a non-weight-lifting person? would be about 15''no fat,no pump...a big arm, non-average weight-lifter? id say 17''+ pumped or not. I havent measured mine in 6 years, since my knee injury, was 19 5/7'' respectively, pumped after a few sets of push ups.Haven't measured them since..I was that close!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
A big arm, as 'average' meaning a non-weight-lifting person? would be about 15''no fat,no pump...

Considering the average arm size of a man is something like 13 inches, yeah, 15 on a lean person is good. lol

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Considering the average arm size of a man is something like 13 inches, yeah, 15 on a lean person is good. lol

thats my point, 15'' on a 'regular' person would be big, yes?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic